The dream of an AMG....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zed82

Car
MY2003 E500
Ok guys, you know how it is. You simply can never be satisfied with what you have so lately i´ve been considering trading my E500 towards an E55.

With the euro being very low against the Swedish crown it makes for good possibilities to sell my 500 in Sweden and buy an E55 in Germany for the same amount of money.

I´ve been considering these E55:s. Two of them have much more on the odometer then my 500 which has 140.000km (~87000 miles) on the clock right now.

High mileage but one owner and full service history until 235.000km with MB. Looks sharp and looked after.
Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG Automatik Comand Keyless Go 1 Hand Top as Limousine in Horb am Neckar

High mileage here as well but same as before. One owner and full service history. Looks very good.
Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG Automatik as Limousine in Oldenburg

Resonable miles, full service history but had a parking accident. Should be easy to mend.
Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG Designo Top Gepflegt as Limousine in Homburg/Saar

My 500 is pristine. I have put down a whole bag of cash since I bought it in nov. 2010. Glycol problem is fixed, the complete rear Airmatic is changed as well as the front suspension parts, new tires with 18 Sport rims and so on. It´s really in a perfect condition and drives like a dream without any noises.

Am I crazy for even considering the swap?

I don't think you are.It will be an upgrade and let's not forget for an amg!
Love those cars myself and if you have oportunity just do it, we live only once.
Good luck

It's your money, and as Borys says it's an upgrade.

But, will you have to spend to get it to where your current car is?:dk:

It's your money, and as Borys says it's an upgrade.

But, will you have to spend to get it to where your current car is?:dk:

Yeah, the import price is about £800 and already in the calculation.

drive one and then make up your mind ...

I'd recommend driving one as well.

For me, just seeing mine in the showroom when I first saw it was enough.

Driving it just sealed the deal in my mind.

In terms of being crazy - not really. I had the same thoughts about mine whilst trying to maintain my cool to get it for a better price during the days after first seeing it.

I think if it is something you really want, why not.

You might have replaced bits on your E500 but that's the nature of the beast. Can you not put a standard set of wheel on and keep the 18" ones to go on the AMG?

I'd probably go for the first silver one from 12/2004.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom