The E55 sold, the M5 is bought

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Post # 18.
Is that the dash in a £82k M5?
It's pretty crap if it is.

Post # 18.
Is that the dash in a £82k M5?
It's pretty crap if it is.

Interiors are not BMWs strong point Gav :p

Well, it was only up against this...
mercedesamg_eclasssedan_w211_ser1_05.jpg

I really like the E60 interior.

I liked my S211 as well, but the E60 felt really advanced at the time. My old 535d....

interiornight.jpg

HUD.jpg

Interiors are not BMWs strong point Gav :p

I disagree with that.

At least they let you chose interiors other than black.

I disagree with that.

At least they let you chose interiors other than black.

Designo on MB??

But why should you have to pay all that for just a different coloured leather?

Plus all this option packs full of crap you don't want, two real bugbears of mine with Mercedes at the mo.

Can we have a light interior on the GLC?
Yeah, £4500 extra.
What about interior ambient lights?
£3500 as it comes with pano roof, memory and upgraded nav.

Stupid imho.

But why should you have to pay all that for just a different coloured leather?

Plus all this option packs full of crap you don't want, two real bugbears of mine with Mercedes at the mo.

Can we have a light interior on the GLC?
Yeah, £4500 extra.
What about interior ambient lights?
£3500 as it comes with pano roof, memory and upgraded nav.

Stupid imho.

Yeh agree, they should make it easier to spec the colours you want.

I'd take that W211 dash any day of the week.

We are all different.

I like the W211 interior, one of my faves, so much nicer the the W212 I have now, but I don't think my E61 interior is any worse. Personally prefer it.
This is what I have currently on the BMW.

It feels a lot more driver focused, and feels far more solid, but think that is the much nicer steering wheel. But don't think slagging off the interior is fair.

P00357151.JPG

Not by much, and happy with either, but do prefer it.

We are all different.

I like the W211 interior, one of my faves, so much nicer the the W212 I have now, but I don't think my E61 interior is any worse. Personally prefer it.

It feels a lot more driver focused, and feels far more solid, but think that is the much nicer steering wheel. But don't think slagging off the interior is fair.

P00357151.JPG

That is nice, but get some sports pedals ;)

We are all different.

P00357151.JPG

Sure. Its good we like different things.
Perhaps "crap" was a bit harsh;)

Its funny, you prefer the 211 to the 212 and I'm the opposite.
Vive le difference!

I just find the 212 has crap plastics compared to all the soft touch stuff in the 211.
The centre console is just an upright slab, that is not angled towards the driver at all.
The window sill is too high to rest your arm on, and the arm rest is so low you struggle to reach the steering wheel unless you drop the wheel right down, and then you can't see the cluster completely, you know you're doing between 40mph and 140mph but that's as good as it gets.
The only reason you can't see the cluster though is because the seats don't drop down far enough, so you feel like you're in an SUV or a van driving position wise.
And there is definitely more cabin noise, certainly on the estate compared with the S211 estate, again because of the much harder plastics in the rear.

Don't get me wrong, I have made it sound awful, it is not, I really like it, but after years in a 211 after a couple of weeks in my 212 I started to really notice the above bits.

I actually sold my first one as it annoyed me so much, but more so my first one had paramter steering, which isn't just horrible to use, especially combined with no real armrests, but it can be dangerous. Whoever thought non linear steering was a good idea needs firing quick sharp.

Well, it was only up against this...
mercedesamg_eclasssedan_w211_ser1_05.jpg
How very dare you, the 211 interior is possibly the finest ever made, just look at that symmetry!

The recycled carrier bag interior of your 212 is clouding your judgement of E-Class interiors...

I liked my S211 as well, but the E60 felt really advanced at the time.
The E60 did come out three years after the W211 though...

You can't go wrong with a 211 interior....feels much better than the 212 IMHO.

The same of an E60....I had a pre-LCI 2005/55 M5 and the interior wasn't great. Felt cheap. I had an LCI 2007/57 530d M Sport Touring a bit after and the LCI interiors are tons better. I prefer the 211 though....timeless classic....and built to last with far fewer cheap plastics.

Same sort of money as an SL, prefer the Mercedes interior £ for £
e208605afc301a2fffa178360ea1a88c.jpg
29f7e36453566c996bf5a652cb83e3ff.jpg

Mercedes SL500 R231

How very dare you, the 211 interior is possibly the finest ever made, just look at that symmetry!

The recycled carrier bag interior of your 212 is clouding your judgement of E-Class interiors...

The E60 did come out three years after the W211 though...

I have always said that the W211 interior is one of my faves, you know that.
But there is no way the facelifted E60 is any worse.

E60 came out in 2003-2010
W211 was 2002-2009

So a year apart.

Same sort of money as an SL, prefer the Mercedes interior £ for£

29f7e36453566c996bf5a652cb83e3ff.jpg

Mercedes SL500 R231

Firstly, the M5 is a whole different beast. You need to be comparing the E Class.

You are also comparing a 2013 release car with a 2003 car.

Finally, and I don't want to offend, the interior of the SL is one of the very few cars I could never live with because there is no symmetry.
The fact they have not got the display and vents central over the rest of the centre console makes my teeth itch.

Reminds me of this...
07_New_Land_Rover_Discovery_2017-1.jpg

Firstly, the M5 is a whole different beast. You need to be comparing the E Class.

You are also comparing a 2013 release car with a 2003 car.

Finally, and I don't want to offend, the interior of the SL is one of the very few cars I could never live with because there is no symmetry.
The fact they have not got the display and vents central over the rest of the centre console makes my teeth itch.

Reminds me of this...
07_New_Land_Rover_Discovery_2017-1.jpg
Lol ok I agree not as classy as that rear entertainment system [emoji6]
a4a43d94212f0dc464968338a32175a4.jpg

Mercedes SL500 R231

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom