The E63 I now own.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for that, and to make sure that I understand what I’m looking at that is from an MB system?

Also, and forgive my ignorance, the first service should have been within the first year (which I guess could have been 2017 on a 2016 car)?

Yes, direct from MB Digital Service Book.
Should have been serviced ~March '17 so ended up 2 years and 5 months late.
This would put me off big time.

I have asked the seller what the situation is. Is it possible that the digital service book could be incorrect, and could be updated, or is that a ridiculous thing to suggest?

Also, thanks Patrick - very much appreciate your help.

I wouldnt buy any Merc without FSH! let alone a AMG

The KN16 registration indicates it was a demonstration car for a time. That may account for the question of numbers of owners.

I would pass on this one if I were looking for an E63 estate.
For a car of this value, an incomplete service history would bother me.

I have asked the seller what the situation is. Is it possible that the digital service book could be incorrect, and could be updated, or is that a ridiculous thing to suggest?

It is possible but you would think if Mercedes Benz owned the car they would have it serviced.

More likely to have been on some sort of lease and the "owner" didn't bother.

If anyone has any suggestions for an E63 that would be a better bet please fire away - all contributions appreciated.

How about this one. Fairly basic spec but looks nice.

There are several members on here much better versed at these models than myself, but a quick browse has thrown this up. Now this looks highly specced, FMBSH, and more realistically priced (from a trader) to me, but I may be wrong.

Edit: Rodger beat me to it 😂

I’d be buying with cash, what do you chaps think the dealer would take for the white E63?

Doesn’t matter what the owner says - how many owners are shown on the V5?
That is what will count when you come to move it on.

That white E63 failed it’s first MOT for the brake pads being under 1.5mm thick, the brake binding, and had an advisory for the engine management light being on, which is something of a worry.

The first one with the tissue holders and horrible floor mats - its seats looks to have quite heavy wear for the mileage.

It is possible but you would think if Mercedes Benz owned the car they would have it serviced.

More likely to have been on some sort of lease and the "owner" didn't bother.
I bought a very low milage E450 demonstrator in Sept 2020, the car was first registered by MB UK in May 2019 and serviced by them in Feb 2020 at 60 miles on the clock. It was also serviced at 100 miles on the clock prior to me purchasing it. The suggestion that MB didn't service their own demonstrator would be a red light to me

typo

From the seller:

“It had an A service in April 2017 at MB Brooklands Weybridge. Don’t know why it isn’t on DSR. I’ve been in touch with them to get the DSR updated and a copy of the service info they have.“

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom