The E63 I now own.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had to give it a go as soon as I found out how it worked - quite possibly I won't ever use it again, but we shall see.

I only ever use it to amaze my 6yr old at school drop off - to do some 'magic' before school :) Always makes him giggle.

Usually 130nm for Mercedes.

My manual for my 2020 E63S says 75 initial and 150nm thereafter - better check to make sure.

Edit: Apologies for the multiple posts - on other forums I am used to the forum automatically merge them :)

I've now put 2,000 miles on my E63 and I have to say (back-ache aside!) I'm really enjoying it.

Some thoughts, in no particular order:

- It's a powerful car, and a lot of that power is available basically from idle, I've never had anything so willing to kick the tail out before
- I think the Quaife might be the first thing I fit (see above)
- I'm getting on ok without the reversing camera, but I do think that that would be helpful as it is a big old beast, and rear visibility isn't the greatest
- In comparison to my old C55 the stereo is poor, the bass lacks presence and the sound overall is muddy - by contrast the C55's stereo was (and hopefully still is!) excellent, and would make each journey a pleasure if you had some good tunes with you.
- It's much less of a drivers car than the C55, although that it is a more effective means of transport is not in question. The controls in the C55 had more feel, and you felt much more in touch with the driving experience. However, I've still got my 911 so this side of things I have covered.
- I remain convinced that the pedals are not optimal, I do wonder if the squab being very flat is not helping here, and may try to do some testing with a more built up side to the squab before cutting the pedals about. I don't know if I mentioned this but I have an S213 brake pedal which has a pronounced bend to it, my current plan is to swap this into the S212 mount, move the pad itself and bolt it back up, which has the advantage of using all OEM parts and likely being impossible to spot unless you're actively looking for it. I do need a short loom extension for the throttle pedal if anyone knows where such a thing could be found?
- I'd like the rear wiper to be rain-sensing
- Did I mention that it's really fast?

I've now put 2,000 miles on my E63 and I have to say (back-ache aside!) I'm really enjoying it.

Some thoughts, in no particular order:

- It's a powerful car, and a lot of that power is available basically from idle, I've never had anything so willing to kick the tail out before
- I think the Quaife might be the first thing I fit (see above)
- I'm getting on ok without the reversing camera, but I do think that that would be helpful as it is a big old beast, and rear visibility isn't the greatest
- In comparison to my old C55 the stereo is poor, the bass lacks presence and the sound overall is muddy - by contrast the C55's stereo was (and hopefully still is!) excellent, and would make each journey a pleasure if you had some good tunes with you.
- It's much less of a drivers car than the C55, although that it is a more effective means of transport is not in question. The controls in the C55 had more feel, and you felt much more in touch with the driving experience. However, I've still got my 911 so this side of things I have covered.
- I remain convinced that the pedals are not optimal, I do wonder if the squab being very flat is not helping here, and may try to do some testing with a more built up side to the squab before cutting the pedals about. I don't know if I mentioned this but I have an S213 brake pedal which has a pronounced bend to it, my current plan is to swap this into the S212 mount, move the pad itself and bolt it back up, which has the advantage of using all OEM parts and likely being impossible to spot unless you're actively looking for it. I do need a short loom extension for the throttle pedal if anyone knows where such a thing could be found?
- I'd like the rear wiper to be rain-sensing
- Did I mention that it's really fast?
"Back ache, poor stereo, less of a drivers car, unsuitable pedal position"

I did say your c55 was a better car haha, good to see at least one person admitting the big amgs are not drivers cars, ideal for boasting you have a 700bhp map but show them a b road with a few twists and they are very poor.

I was once held up for quite a while in the alps by a mapped cls63 5.5tt shed, once past him it did not take long to put a considerable distance between myself and the heavy 700bhp shed :0))))))

"Back ache, poor stereo, less of a drivers car, unsuitable pedal position"

I did say your c55 was a better car haha, good to see at least one person admitting the big amgs are not drivers cars, ideal for boasting you have a 700bhp map but show them a b road with a few twists and they are very poor.

I was once held up for quite a while in the alps by a mapped cls63 5.5tt shed, once past him it did not take long to put a considerable distance between myself and the heavy 700bhp shed :0))))))
What were you in at the time? A C55 or another V8 AMG?

So what?

While riding a barge of a tourer have blitzed the odd sports bike in the Alps too.

Which doesn't mean the sports bike isn't quicker in the right hands than my barge of a tourer.

So what?

While riding a barge of a tourer have blitzed the odd sports bike in the Alps too.

Which doesn't mean the sports bike isn't quicker in the right hands than my barge of a tourer.
Wrong forum slim.

These things are all relative. The 204 C 63 AMG is hardly a scalpel. Perhaps he wasn’t trying to prove something?

Car is going well, just using it as a daily (which for me means the weekend). Drove it yesterday and the washer for the front and rear windscreen have stopped working, but no low fluid warning on the dash- is this normal? Strikes me as something going wrong.

I've just read this from page 1. Phew, it's more entertaining than Midsomer Murders

Would anyone reading this who has an S213 that has the bucket seats be amenable to my having a sit in one?

Well, just got round to checking the washer fluid level - that's full. So fuse or motor, of which I'm hoping fuse, but I absolutely cannot find the washer motor fuse on any of the online guides - can anyone give me a hand as to which one it is please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom