The E63 I now own.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have found that my stop/start is sensitive to how “hard” I hold the car on the foot brake.....

I think Bromley guessed with the battery and got it wrong.

Easy to guess with other people’s money...

It can’t just be a co-incidence that it worked for a very short while when Dammit collected the car, then not at all the next day, nor after a 40 mile trip.

Personally seeing their report and the fact they can’t tell the difference between a damaged rim, a tyre or brake dust I wouldn’t have much faith in whoever was working on the other parts of the car.

For the money charged in diagnostics and fitting you would have expected them to be pretty confident in what they’re doing.

Just IMHO, apologies if that sounds a little negative! :)

40 miles to Swinley Forest this morning- nothing from the stop/start.
Also I now get a tyre pressure warning- it highlights the DSF tyre, which is off as it’s a)at the correct pressure and b) the same pressure as the OSF.
There should be an option to reset or restart the TPMS in the menu. I think it says set new reference or something, it maybe the alarm point is off.

Sorry but that cost to replace the batteries is an absolute disgrace. No two ways about it.

You can replace both batteries for that (labour included) genuine MB Parts with change back.

I would take that up with Bromley first. To charge for what seems like each action / connection / press to star.

Remove cover above battery £16
Remove 1 bolt £30
Remove terminals £50
Remove battery £16

Plug in Star £16
Press random button £32

Don’t know what to do next £120

Battery at full RRP + VAT £200

Christ. This is atrocious.

Also I now get a tyre pressure warning- it highlights the DSF tyre, which is off as it’s a)at the correct pressure and b) the same pressure as the OSF.
You've swapped the rims so it could easily be a duff TPMS sensor, but it's worth doing a TPMS reset and see if that clears the fault.
40 miles to Swinley Forest this morning- nothing from the stop/start.
Back to Bromley it is then. With a firm instruction that as you've paid (royally) for diagnostics once they need to work out why it's not working and fix it without further charge for diag's.

In all seriousness, I'd not bother going back as you'll only be back again.

Was at PCS yesterday for a preventative tranny oil / filter change ( I had no faith in that MB Gatwick actually replaced it 10k ago ) again a full thumbs up from me.

Harrat’s won’t fund any further work, it’s now up to me apparently.

Pay for anything further- diagnostics or repair.

I’d be taking this straight back to Bromley, I can sympathise with Harrat’s as they’ve been shafted for the battery replacement but to be honest I’d take what they say with a pinch of salt - they’re not in a position to shirk their responsibilities for a car they have just sold only days ago. Your consumer rights are of course not affected by what they say...

Yes. I will ask Dan the sales manager what the final day is that I can reject the car, bearing in mind the Christmas holidays. My understanding is that for a pre-existing fault I can reject it in the first 30 days and the dealer has to come and collect it.

Your car was dealer serviced, ring mobilo let them come out and have a play

Not surprised at the dealer not paying any further after being robbed for the battery..............

Your car was dealer serviced, ring mobilo let them come out and have a play

Not surprised at the dealer not paying any further after being robbed for the battery..............
Not sure Mobilo would attend for a stop/start glitch? It’s hardly a breakdown :thumb:

Well, it's possible that the car is reading this thread - it's bucked its ideas up somewhat, and when I came back to it after a couple of hours of mountain biking the stop-start worked. For around ten minutes, but it worked. It had a bit of a rest down the M3/M25/A3 and then fired back into life as I started the crawl through Wimbledon, and kept working right up until I let the car park itself outside my flat.

So - progress. Maybe it just needed a run, maybe the aux is lazy and needs changing. We shall see.

MB Bromley have said they'll look at it again for free (for whatever that's worth), but they can't see it until Thursday and it's booked in with DDR for a full examination on Wednesday, so that might be interesting.

I may be about to see if I can get MB Bromley to include a replacement aux battery for the ~£700 I've already paid them.

Harratt's - I can kind of understand where Dan is coming from, he wants to keep some profit in the car. However, I imagine it's going to put a dent in his figures if I reject the car and he has to knock it off the quarters sales figures just before Christmas. Hopefully it won't come to that - I do genuinely like the car, I just want everything that should work to work, without costing me a fortune.

I got a set of these for the GT as they dot seem to do the floor rails anymore like they did in the CLS SB... solved the problem of shallow bag hooks and flailing shopping (its does fit S212 also):

These look really interesting - thanks. Do they fit in the plastic tray like the other telescopic luggage dividers do you know?

More questions - sorry chaps.

I'm looking for reasons that the stop-start would not have been working that aren't "it's borked", from what people have said it's very sensitive to a large number of factors - temperature being one and voltage of the two batteries another.

Does anyone know the temperature range within which it should be expected to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom