The E63 I now own.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Star-Tec get points for being the first person to come back to me with a quote, but sadly that quote is higher than Mercedes Bromley.

To be fair, your grievance concerns cost, convenience and accountability. At least Star Tec (may for you) tick two of three. They collected and dropped off my car today to a location of my choosing in SW20.

That is very handy, I've made a note of them for future tasks.

I ordered the brake discs and pads from MB Edinburgh and will fit those/get a local place to fit them, and when my calls finish this afternoon I'll pop down to the car and see if I can get the back of the chair off to check that the hoses are all in place before ordering the valve body.

Whatever Bromley MB did to test the air-bladders has resulted in enough function appearing in the lumbar support ones to be game changing from a comfort perspective.

Good that it seems to be resolved, I know yours is a 212 rather than a 211, but from my experience with enough patience and videos it probably is something you can fix rather than £900!

I fixed my 211 leaking side bolster bladder for free using an iron and baking paper....

This guide may have are some crossovers if you ever do need it:

I can’t see how to get the back off, now that it’s in front of me. E94702A1-56D7-46D7-A9AE-040A03AFB667.jpegE0A689CE-5B49-4C4D-9F57-5ADF1957F58D.jpeg

I would guess its a "stretch and unlatch" on that canvas like bit or there are hidden screws behind the plastic covers at the corners. Probably going to need to do some internet scouring or wait for someone who knows I am afraid!

It looks quite complex in there.

Attachments

• 61F45564-5C7B-4755-A66E-B4FA797C6CBB.jpeg
    61F45564-5C7B-4755-A66E-B4FA797C6CBB.jpeg
    679 KB · Views: 19
Rear brakes now changed, new OEM discs and pads from Mercedes Edinburgh.

The lumbar support continues to be annoying - does anyone know of another 2015 E Class with the dynamic seats that I could test to validate whether mine are doing what they're meant to do, or whether something is indeed broken? What confuses me is that both the driver and the passenger seats are doing the same thing, and for both to partially fail in the same way strikes me as unlikely.

When you say annoying, in what way?

Do you have lumbar support inflated or delflated, if you press the button to inflate can you visual see the cushion expand. If so, the seats are working correctly I would say.

I have my seats set with the lumbar inflated and deflated, either way I don't feel any uncomfort with.

I have said it before I find these seats the most comfortable I have ever had the opportunity to sit in. I find it hard to even imagine that some people dont like them. Lucky me I suppose 🤷

Should add, mine is a 2009/59 late 2009 model. Looking at photos I think my car shares the same multi contour dynamic Seats as a 2015 model. Mine have the massage option also. That is nice 😁

I have my seats set with the lumbar inflated and deflated, either way I don't feel any uncomfort with.
There are (from memory) an upper and a lower part to the lumbar support on the multi-contour seats. I must admit that it took me a while to find the optimum adjustment, but once I had I agree that the seat was probably the most comfortable I’ve experienced in any car.

There are (from memory) an upper and a lower part to the lumbar support on the multi-contour seats. I must admit that it took me a while to find the optimum adjustment, but once I had I agree that the seat was probably the most comfortable I’ve experienced in any car.

With mine, I have the lower part adjusted only I don't bother with the upper part. I have the lower lumbar set with an inflated setting and the lower lumbar on a deflated. I find the massage works better on a delflated lumbar as my lower back is pinned to the seat more. I feel more of massage working.

I suffer a lot of back pain over the years, relates to my job unfortunately. I could well be my twisted back that finds these seats comfortable. Or my twisted self in general lol. But in all seriousness, I find these seats so adjustable it's hard not to find a decent seating position.

But in all seriousness, I find these seats so adjustable it's hard not to find a decent seating position.
One issue with them is that because they are so adjustable it’s easy to convince yourself that a slight tweak of one element or another will make it even more comfortable and you end up chasing ever changing settings.

I found the best way was to get to what I thought was a good setting and store that in a memory. I’d then make minor tweaks and store that in a different memory. If after a while I wasn’t happy with the changes I’d made I would just revert to the original settings from the memory, and start over again.

After a few attempts I got to understand what changes were beneficial to me and which ones weren’t.

The upper bag inflates, the lower bag inflates somewhat- but not nearly as far as the upper one. You can only tell that the lower bag has inflated by pressing the control to deflate it- and you sink further back in the seat. If I could get the lower bag to inflate to the same extent as the upper bag I think I’d be ok.

The upper bag inflates, the lower bag inflates somewhat- but not nearly as far as the upper one. You can only tell that the lower bag has inflated by pressing the control to deflate it- and you sink further back in the seat. If I could get the lower bag to inflate to the same extent as the upper bag I think I’d be ok.

As both are inflating I guess they are both working. Sorry to say, it's down to individual error if you don't like the seats.

For me, they are spot on 👍

With all due respect you have said in this thread that you can’t tell the difference between fully inflated and deflated, so I’m going to classify your opinion in the category that I believe you have shown it to deserve.

With all due respect you have said in this thread that you can’t tell the difference between fully inflated and deflated, so I’m going to classify your opinion in the category that I believe you have shown it to deserve.

Nope, I didn't say that!

I said, I have the seats set with both inflated and delated lumbar support. I didn't say I couldn't tell a difference, I like both options.

You have the problem here, not me. It's yourself that can't get along with the seats and the driving position in previous posts. Either get it sorted to how you like it. Or just deal with what's on offer. 🤷

Hah. Yes, I have a problem with the seats- but I think the second part of your assertion is self evidently untrue. Anyway, let’s park this as I don’t think either of us, or indeed anyone else, will be edified by further discussion.

Hah. Yes, I have a problem with the seats- but I think the second part of your assertion is self evidently untrue. Anyway, let’s park this as I don’t think either of us, or indeed anyone else, will be edified by further discussion.

I don't have to park it. You asked the question. I replied. You have the issue, I don't!! 😁

Looks like I was mistaken- they replaced the starter battery last year, it’s the aux that has gone now. £445.
I would not even try the 445.

Interesting - the service guy told me it was in the boot.

I think it is safe to say that I won't be going to MB Bromley for the brakes and lumbar adjustment pack replacement.

MB Guildford or DDR Surrey is my thinking, would MB Guildford allow me to buy the brake parts from MB Edinburgh and bring them with me?
It can be anywhere. Depends on the actual engine and config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom