The Eagles have landed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

talbir

MB Enthusiast
Finally, finally, the Gemballa and new Spruce green 500E landed on my front garden yesterday.

Gemballa was on a truck, 500e driven by the company on trade plates....we got a puncture 100 yards from my house...perfect timing, good luck all round !

Here's a link to the hastily taken piccies....enjoy !

View Album

cheers
talbir

Thems rubbish. I would not want either ;).

Green with envy.

Superb :thumb:

Both look brilliant Talbir. Where did you import them from?

Canada....must give a glowing reference to the lady who helped the clearance process this end, Mandy Williams from Shield Shipping Ltd....brilliant, made the process so smooth and efficient. Cannot reccomend this company highly enough.

Neither car needs any work....the Gemballa has only done 25,000 km and is MINT ! And quite a sensational car.....commissioned for the Sheikh of UAE in 1987 and put together by Gemballa Japan (the car on the brochure in the pics is this very car).

The 500E is also a super drive and mint condition - but i have a few mods planned for it, namely Brabus 3-piece wheels, Brabus exhaust, BRabus springs, Brabus steering etc.

cheers
talbir

that red interior on the Gembella is gorgeous

you now have 3 500Es .. surely that's a bit greedy?? :) :)

that red interior on the Gembella is gorgeous

you now have 3 500Es .. surely that's a bit greedy?? :) :)

No, two 500E's.....that cheeky Jay Manek stole one last year !

The interior on the Gemballa is unreal....red leather on headliner, the recaro seats have about 12 buttons on each for various seat enhancements/adjustments....and it's so well done.

All steel panels as well...no fibreglass !

cheers
t

Talbir they both look fantastic.

Do you have enough space in the garage to store them ?

yes, car list is up-to-date....i have garages for 11, so need to build another garage for 2 cars....in the meantime two cars will have to stand outside, but not the Gemballa for sure ! That's a museum piece !

Measure up yesterday, it's about 8cm wider at the rear PER SIDE than the AMG Widebody SEC.....Gemballa is wearing 335/35/17s rear boots....11.5J wheels with offset of -36mm WITH 40mm spacers !!!!!!!!!

Unreal !!!

T

yes, car list is up-to-date....i have garages for 11, so need to build another garage for 2 cars....in the meantime two cars will have to stand outside, but not the Gemballa for sure ! That's a museum piece !

Measure up yesterday, it's about 8cm wider at the rear PER SIDE than the AMG Widebody SEC.....Gemballa is wearing 335/35/17s rear boots....11.5J wheels with offset of -36mm WITH 40mm spacers !!!!!!!!!

Unreal !!!

T

Would be fantastic if you could make the Midlands GTG at Jays in July, especially in the Gemballa. Now I reckon THAT would come close to trumping the SLR (for explanation see the thread re GTG at Ollys last week!)

Come on Talbir - you KNOW it makes sense! I'm sure you would have a lot of people voting for the idea.....

:bannana::bannana:

Trouble is, if Talbir turned up in the Gembella Jay would smooth talk him into selling it to him......or have all the panels off to take moulds for his next project!

Mandy Williams from Shield Shipping Ltd....brilliant, made the process so smooth and efficient. Cannot reccomend this company highly enough.

I echo this - Mandy handled the importation of my 66 Mustang from California and the service was fantastic.

Marc

PS The cars look lovely - well done.

Lovely cars Talbir.Actually i love all your collection but this Gemballa a real one of.Is there any way we could do a gtg at yours?

Mate that Gemballa is super slick. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom