The Ebay Scammers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
An interesting documentary from 2017.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ringway thanks for the video i never saw it on TV ..... But not English people . These people come to the UK with one thing in mind , thats to scam any way they can . And for handing out all the grief and pain,, all they have to pay for doing this was 5 years tops . I would put the scammers in a big room , with all the people they scammed .

Mrs Ted gets a lot of unsolicited calls which either hang up or talk about a ‘no fault’ accident.

Usually goes something like this.

MrsTed’s phone rings
“Oh, it’s from Salford. Who would be ringing me from Salford”?
Me: “Dunno darling. Probably a spoofed number”.
Mrs Ted answers - usually the line goes dead.
“I wonder who that was”

Couple of days later…
MrsTed’s phone rings
“Oh, it’s from Kings Lynn. Who would be ringing me from Kings Lynn”?
Mrs Ted answers - the line goes dead.
“I wonder who that was”

Couple of days later…
MrsTed’s phone rings
“Oh, it’s from Newcastle Who would be ringing me from Newcastle”?
Mrs Ted answers - the line goes dead.
“I wonder who that was”

This goes on ad infinitum. Happened again an hour ago.

I get a call from my internet provider asking me if i am on my computer right now,, i say yes ,,,and i say,, do you know me,, if so then you will know my password -so what is it ,,, And if it is that you dont know it,, then you can go and f---- off .

There are, and if you send me £45 I'll send you their addresses.....

Do you mind if I send you funny money looking like genuine sterling pounds? ;)
I have plenty of them as I print them my self.

I have a simple initial defense against scam calls. I answer the call and then count 1,2,3 if a human speaks inside the 3 seconds then I don't end the call, well for at least for a few more seconds until the patter exposes the call as a scam. Banging the phone down on a computer generated call is not rude but trying to scam people for a living is.

If I have the time, and nothing more important to do, I'll try and waste as much of their time as I can by stringing them along, deliberately misinterpreting their instructions, going off on wild tangents, occasionally hinting that I have huge amounts of money in various bank accounts, speaking the occasional sentence in French etc, purely so as to delay them calling their next target who may be more gullible than me.

Me too. I can keep the "there is a problem with your computer and we can fix it" ones on the line for quite some time by being old, trusting, confused, doddery, and believing everything I'm told. Well, one out of five of those anyway...

Me too. I can keep the "there is a problem with your computer and we can fix it" ones on the line for quite some time by being old, trusting, confused, doddery, and believing everything I'm told....

I am actually very good at keeping people on the line in this way. Not only scammers. And I'm not acting :(

Hi,
We have a new interesting scam in Dubai.

You get a Whatsap message from a random lady based in China.
”Hello are you the guide for my upcoming trip to Dubai.....?”
No - not me - you must have the wrong number.
”Sorry - my secretary gave me your number, by mistake”
No problem
”You are a real gentleman”
Thanks
”Where are you from?”
First time - I replied UK
”Oh - I love the UK”
Great
”Do you live in UAE or just on holiday?”
Work
”What work do you do?”
Own my own companies
”Succesful guy:
I try my best!
Then the scam starts!
”Do you invest?”
Sure
”What do you invest in?”
Everything!
Then they try to get you to an bitcoin platform they are running.
First time I got this - I strung them along for ages.

Got exactly the same start messages this week!

Here are the screenshots from my Whatsapp!11D35F08-956B-4A7A-A0E2-3CF17717DF8A.jpegBB412F8F-B700-4884-B96E-F6CDCC2FF7E4.jpegE0F319FF-8A2F-4054-9131-F83C57D63F4D.jpeg2FDED1D4-C89E-457C-B7F0-7A428CDC0B8E.jpeg

I hope that all these mobile phone number showing in your post get picked up by scammers' OCR bots...... :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom