The Elephant in the Room

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He's been asking for it for a while now, good to see insubordination & ankle tapping is being dealt with properly for once.

1918-they-were-all-out-of-step-but-jim-irving-berlin.jpg

The White House revolving door: Who's gone?

What, you mean all that talk of filibustering was just hot air, that can't be can it...?.

As we all know, to be competitive you must cover and match [at least] your opposition, I hope Trump has taken note of China's long term leadership developments and will announce his own shortly. We don't want the TLVF's to be wrong now do we...?

Shows you just how subversive they are, these trendy, leftie, violent, feminists.

Like all narcissists TRUMP apparently cannot tolerate interacting with anyone who disagrees with him for any length of time. Meaning that he has to surround himself with yes men and the odd token yes woman. Ultimately while this may give the illusion of decisiveness and strength of purpose this lays him open to manipulation and doubt - not that he could ever be accused of changes of mind about anything from one day to the next of course.

What is he changing his mind about day to day and could that not be confused for listening to people who know a thing or two about what he is considering?

Do not believe all the bad press about this guy, for much if comes from the TLVF brigade.

And don't forget he was voted into office on the very policies he is carrying through on, or is that not important?

Or, it's been around a while Scott, probably since 1979 in these parts except for the violent part, that's a recent addition in the last 10 years or so...

Todays the day for the Washington gun control protest " March for Our Lives" mounted by the students of the Florida school that suffered the recent shooting atrocity. Its being mirrored in several other American cities today. While the students have taken their case to Capitol Hill their President is in Florida at one of his golf resorts. Lots of live streaming on YouTube NOW.
'March for Our Lives'
'March for Our Lives'

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

^ You'd hope this would make a difference, but I doubt it will change a thing.
As long as the NRA have polititians in their pockets they have a massive say on any gun law amendments.

Could this be why Trump is enjoying success at the polls, could it be that the good people of the US have had enough and see him as disassociated from these people...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yo, Blair.

Why Kim Kardashian thinks I should be released from prison (Opinion) - CNN
Chances are she will get released. Trump isn't the slightest bit interested in prison sentencing reform but when you read that Alice Johnson was turned down for release despite meeting the criteria on paper in the last days of Obamas Presidency and Trump has made a point of reversing most of Obamas policies since he came to office I reckon she's in with a good chance.:rolleyes:

Well I've been saying for some time now that the sentences dished-out in the US are crazy...

I read recently that nearly 1% of the US adult population are locked-up at any given point of time.

Yes Bernie Maddof was the world's greatest conman ever, to the tune of $50bn, but 150(!) years for a financial crime? Here he would have gotten 10 years.

Paedophile Dr Nassar was sentenced in the US to 175 years.... how long a sentence he would have gotten here? The Rochdale gang, for far more vile crimes, got from 5 years to 25 years.

As for Alice Marie Johnson, she was convicted to life in prison in 1994 for leading a Columbian drug ring that imported an estimated 2000-3000Kg of Cocaine from Columbia to the US over a period of 4 years. What would she have gotten in the UK? I reckon 12 to 15 years tops.

My view of Alice Marie Johnson's case? In the UK she would have been long out of prison by now. In Thailand or Egypt she would have been ececuted... so she's somewhere in between.

So my view is that she should be released, but not as part of an individual pardon - instead I think that the US should look long and hard at their justice system and review their sentencing policies, they are closer in their uncompromising severity to 3rd world counties that to Western Europe.

And most importantly, looking at crime levels in the US, these harsh sentences are clearly not working.

Fat chance of this happening under a Republican president though, let alone under Trump.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom