The end of a legend... or is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bringing back to life an old thread with fond memories...

I'm off! Goodnight to those asleep, or about to be asleep... I'm starting the trek down to Timbuktu!

Wish us luck, we'll need it!

M.

Having missed this thread last year, and knowing you were off to Timbuktu this year, I just read through it without noticing the date, and thought that these were current events. So, in order:

- You nutter. That's a crazy thing to do! But I understand the desire for great photos, and with great risk comes great reward...
- Glad you survived, glad you had fun
- Did you fix up the car in the end, and is it the Shogun or the W202 going this year?
- Good luck for this year!

;-)

-simon

I'm back! All relatively in one piece, minus the W202 who is now in some garage in Timbuktu being repurposed for her life in Africa...

I may post some pictures and a cut-down story of what happened this weekend... the full thing requires a whole site - and can be found here: www.teambooktwo.com .

The site doesn't have full details yet, as for security reasons I've kept my locations on the site delayed by a few days... so how the story ends, and the big climax isn't up yet ;)

Anyhow... the W202 is truly a spectacular car, and went to the very last before suffering a truly catastrophic turn of events... which I'll comment more about when I can ;) Point is, she got me to Timbuktu safely!

M.

Last edited:
What a stupid thing to do and I have no sympathy for any pain or financial loss you suffered Spinal for just showing off.:wallbash:

I don't understand the necessity of this post.

I'm sure that Michele was well aware of what he was doing, and the risk he was taking, and he has never asked for sympathy. I think he was just trying to share the adventure... after all, we had all followed the lead up to the event and it would have been a shame to miss the next chapter.

I guess you can live a safe life, never taking any risks, never doing anything stupid, and live to 99. The only snag is that you'll live out your final years sat staring blankly at the wall, with no memories. Better to really live - take risks - maybe life will be shorter, but it will be full!

Those more timid amongst us (me included) will have to enjoy the spills and thrills from a distance. More power to your elbow, Michele, and good luck for next year.
:thumb: :thumb:

I don't understand the necessity of this post.

I'm sure that Michele was well aware of what he was doing, and the risk he was taking, and he has never asked for sympathy. I think he was just trying to share the adventure... after all, we had all followed the lead up to the event and it would have been a shame to miss the next chapter.

I guess you can live a safe life, never taking any risks, never doing anything stupid, and live to 99. The only snag is that you'll live out your final years sat staring blankly at the wall, with no memories. Better to really live - take risks - maybe life will be shorter, but it will be full!

Those more timid amongst us (me included) will have to enjoy the spills and thrills from a distance. More power to your elbow, Michele, and good luck for next year.
:thumb: :thumb:

Thanks ;)

This was "next year" :p

The thread is over a year old, I just reposted to "finish it off" and close the adventure!

Next on my list is... well not sure!

To circumnavigate India on an autorickshaw...
USA east to west coast on some 70's beast...
Alaska's Dalton Highway in a Smart car...

or something else... Ideas always gratefully received ;) (I'm currently gathering my ideas on Eo, Vita! - but the site isn't finished!)

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom