The Famed Prancing Moose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love a rapid Volvo. We had a S80 4.4 V8 recently.
Proper Q car.
Rare car and very much under the radar. Yamaha developed engine.

Was it as hard work as my 2004 Saab 9-5 Aero HOT (250BHP) at times getting power down?

Set of front tyres in 5,000 miles was possible. :oops:. Yes, it was hard work. Talking of Saab can recall the Aero boys used to rate Abbott.

The engine also sat it one of the Nobles. Not sure what one and without cheating i think it was an M600

The engine was also used in the XC90 Cannot be sure but think it also ended up into Fords or at least they used the basics.

Yep needed a LSD, Fwd struggled used spin up the nsf at 50mph on boost lol it was a funny car.

Set of front tyres in 5,000 miles was possible. :oops:. Yes, it was hard work. Talking of Saab can recall the Aero boys used to rate Abbott.

The engine was also used in the XC90 Cannot be sure but think it also ended up into Fords or at least they used the basics.
I knew it was in the XC90 but I can’t think what Ford it went into. I can’t recall it in recent V8 powered Fords and if it was the basics then I don’t know enough about engines to comment.

It's obvious why Volvo objected - they're now under Chinese ownership, and we all know how strict China is about copyright and trade marks!

Hard to copyright the Latin conjugation of volvere.

Volvo= ‘I roll’

😊😊😊😊😊 (smug smiley)

Yeah, Abbott and Hirsch were the names branded around in Saab circles when I had one.

I bought mine because I had a car die on me the Sunday before I started a new job Monday. Useful.

I was looking at a 2003/53 520iSE ES BMW, with bugger all options, for £11k but the salesman messed me around as they sometimes do playing games so I looked around and found a 3.5 year old 2004/04 HOT with quite a lot of options for £10k from a main dealer. Got it down to £9k which wasn't bad.

I was very happy with the car for over 3 years until I got infected by the E55K lurgy.

Yep needed a LSD, Fwd struggled used spin up the nsf at 50mph on boost lol it was a funny car.

I remember my first job after graduating had a "pool car" which was a dark green Volvo 850 T5 auto saloon.

Didn't think much of it until I drove it to a show in London for a company jolly with a few other bods.

What a laugh it was, especially in the wet.

I was used to a RWD 1993 E36 325i running at 192BHP but this Volvo was nuts at 220BHP and had a lot more torque of course being a turbo.

I actually became quite fond of them in the end.

This is the Engine that i tuned and went into the Black Moose lol,
Ported and Polished Head, Exhaust manifold from a ph2 v70r and 18t Turbo. Hdty turbo actuator, MBC, Large FMIC, 3" Turbo back exhaust Larger injectors 3.8 bar fuel reg, Walbro Fuel pump MBC running 22psi of boost Up rated clutch, Reversed intercooler pipe work and larger brakes.

1610396491690.png
Moose ;)
1610396566170.png
Prancing Moose ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom