The Famed Prancing Moose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Wandering up the car park in my local supermarket yesterday, I could see a slightly scabby Saab parked in the distance that looked to have a Ferrari badge on its front wing, but closer inspection revealed this:

rWl6Jo3.jpg

The Prancing Moose 🤣

You know, I still really like the bodywork shape of the last of the 9-3's, (and the lesser spotted 9-5) the back end of the estates in particular very pleasing on my eyes...

A family member used to have a set of Prancing Moose stickers on his Volvo V70 T5. Apparently the guy who came up with the Prancing Moose idea got into a bit of bother with Volvo over it (although surprisingly Ferrari didn't seem to mind)

Those parking bollards should be spring mounted !
Every time I visit that supermarket I watch, in awe, at least one car engage in "interference parking" with those posts :doh:

I've heard of people modifying cars and the manufacturer not liking it (I think it was Ferrari or Bentley in the example I vaguely remember).

Is a manufacturer able to do anything about it if the car is say a private purchase?

I would think they were powerless once the car is sold.

Thats odd. If you type 'Mercedes Benz' into eBay or Amazon, you'll get thousands of merchandise items carrying the Mercedes Benz name or logo, and I highly doubt that they have all paid royalty fees to Daimler Benz.... the same applies to any other make of car, BTW. Volvo's response isn't unreasonable when taken in isolation from the rest of the marketplace, but it does look odd when you consider just how common this type of infringement is.

I would just re-issue it with 'OVLOV' in place of 'VOLVO'.

I thought it was more a Volvo thing but I guess with SAAB being (or were) Swedish as well then why not lol. We had a Volvo C70 (the hardtop convertible) a while back & a few of the guys on the forums stuck those on their front wings, I know it's a Ferrari parody, tongue in cheek, but I didn't dislike it.

Just change a couple of letters; how about 'Vulva'?

On second thoughts, maybe not; that'll be reserved for certain Audi models...

I thought it was more a Volvo thing but I guess with SAAB being (or were) Swedish as well........

Very much was. Early adopters were those of us that "fettled" cars - discrete sign.

Just change a couple of letters; how about 'Vulva'?

On second thoughts, maybe not; that'll be reserved for certain Audi models...
That's exactly what our elderly neighbour called our Volvo when we had it (she mis-pronounces quite a few words bless her 😂).

volvoblacky.JPG
This one i tweaked to 297hp, 257whp, Seems so little after the AMG lol, But it went well although no moose's on this ;)

View attachment 107272
This one i tweaked to 297hp, 257whp, Seems so little after the AMG lol, But it went well although no moose's on this ;)
Love a rapid Volvo. We had a S80 4.4 V8 recently.
Proper Q car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom