The famous lever (W211 Headlight)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Major774

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W211 E55 AMG
Here are some pictures to help clarify things.

In the UK the light projected by the headlight would flick over to the left hand side, however, if you are driving in Europe that would blind on coming traffic. To solve that problem, some W211/S211 headlights have the ability to change the projected light for driving in Europe. Therefore, you do not need to stick a nasty little sticker on your headlight. The light projected becomes flat and will not blind on coming traffic in Europe.

Here is the famous lever, located on right in this picture (currently in the up position for UK roads).

Close up of the lever in the up position.

Close up of the lever in the down position.

Is it possible to re-upload the pics? I am having problems finding the switch on my JDM import E55 AMG.

Would be most helpfull.

Yes please that would be great. I had to put those stickers on mine on my last trip to the continent. Getting the adhesive residue off afterwards was a pain!

Does this help?
211 headlamp adjust.jpg

The lower spec halogen headlamps have these too, it's not just the xenon lamps.
Certainly did on my 2004 w211 anyway.
I was cursing the poor beam of mine and went to change the bulbs for upgrades when i found they were set for the continent, made sense as the previous owner spent a lot of time in Europe doing road bike racing. When corrected they were good enough to make me bin the xenon conversion ket I was going to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom