The feeling of being let down will haunt me a long time...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.saunders

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E300TD
Picture the scene, if you will.

A lonely young* man all set to visit sunny Torquay in September 2009, the famous pilgrimage that is the visiting GTG at Glojo’s pad. Seeing as the lovely and lonely young man no longer owns a Mercedes, and drives a scabby Ford Mondeo (which has new dents and markings, plus was bombarded with seagull poo on a recent trip to Cornwall) it was considered a “good idea” for the young man to invite himself into someone else’s car. Namely the S500 driven by the nun, aka MBManInKen, aka Guido.

Rather sensibly, the young man figured that he and the Guido should meet before the trip to sunny climes, and a luncheon was arranged for today. Guido was indeed visiting Peterborough through the course of his work, and naturally a swift trip into the city centre (where I work), and hey presto! we can have a natter over a bagel and ensure that neither party were indeed an “axe murderer”.

1.00pm, was the arranged meeting point, perhaps elongated to 1.30pm… The time comes; the young man is sat in between meetings eagerly anticipating meeting his long-time hero Poirot. Having packed no super-sized lunchbox today, the young man was very hungry when the sound of the ‘text message received’ was heard. Oh dear, look at the time, approaching a quarter to 2! But hold on, I have a meeting at 2.30pm, do we have time for a quick muffin? Alas no it seems, so we have a brief telecon and decide on the proverbial “rain-check”, having been officially “blown out”.

Guido said he would make much mirth on the forum about our missed opportunity! Bugger that say I, I am striking first :eek:

* honestly, I am younger than Guido. And Mark (scumbag) :rolleyes:

Sh!t happens as someone once said.

Doesnt go setting hopes too high. In my experience, the only person that will never let you down, no matter what, is your Mother. And dont bet everything on that.

you are just useless.

no if's, no but's, just useless.

I suppose you won't make torquay either. useless.

you should be ashamed of yourself.

:devil:

and being honest won't help either.

I should think that deserves a ban from the forum.:)

You never said why he was late.....
I think you tricked him into coming to Peterborough and gave the Clampers a heads up, the £10,000 release fee cannot be met so Saunders has a Merc for the GTG:D

So who was the 'young man'?

So.....still not sure who the axe murderer is.....:devil::D

To answer some points :D

My Mum? 'nuff said....

Useless? Me? So says baldy :rolleyes: Anyway, Mr Scummybag I thought you said you were not to make Torquay? :devil:

Guido said he was late due to his meeting; I didn't have him clamped, mind you that's given me food for thought ;)

'Young man' is me! No, really!! I know it's hard to believe :)

As for the axe murderer, I think we may find out "whodunnit" at the Imperial :eek:

Did you wear a rose and carry a copy of the Telegraph for this assignation?

If Guido's still messing you around, you can have a ride down in my new purchase :devil::)

oooh, you're too kind Sammy-baby; I still think Guido will come up trumps, I'm sure he will be only too kind to proffer his services <ahem>

He had the cheek mind you to enquire if I was visiting any Parking conferences in London any time soon, and could therefore visit him in his neck of the woods. I proceeded to advise him that there is an exhibition and conference soon but it's in Birmingham; only to be met by much laughter and mirth that he was actually joking, and he didn't really expect the parking industry to have such events :D Altho' I think he was serious in inviting me down to London; perhaps we could meet at Kings X under the clock :rolleyes:

I did wear a nice shirt, but to be fair forgot the red rose pinned about my person for the 'hot date' :eek:

I can see the lonely heart ad now.

"Dwarf cretin tattooed bearded lady, wishes to meet similar for romance, I will be under the town hall clock at 8pm, you will notice me, I will have a red rose pinned to the empty sleeve of my blowse!"

Oi! What is all this slandering my good name?? :devil:

Admittedly I was running late, but it's not my fault that you scheduled your only meeting this month exactly on the day I venture up to sunny Peterborough? :D :p

I'be been absent a bit and before you know it they drag your good name through the mud. :crazy:

I bet the only reason you preferred that meeting at 2.30 over lunch with me was that the meeting bloke was better looking than I am :eek: :devil:.

I can see the lonely heart ad now.

"Dwarf cretin tattooed bearded lady, wishes to meet similar for romance, I will be under the town hall clock at 8pm, you will notice me, I will have a red rose pinned to the empty sleeve of my blowse!"

What's a blowse? Something you blow your nowse on? Or a woman's blouse?

Admittedly I was running late, but it's not my fault that you scheduled your only meeting this month exactly on the day I venture up to sunny Peterborough?

I bet the only reason you preferred that meeting at 2.30 over lunch with me was that the meeting bloke was better looking than I am

I have many meetings I'll have you know my good man :rolleyes: And no, my 2.30 was with my line-manager, really not my type :devil:

When did this forum become gaychat.com?

Hadn't noticed that it was; I'm going to a GTG probably with a member, someone I haven't even met yet, therefore it prudent to meet up beforehand? The fact that both of these people are gay makes no difference whatsoever :confused:

Unless you're a bigot? :rolleyes:

Anyway this is nowhere near racy enough to qualify for such chat, and the site you need is gay.com/chat :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom