The first 1000 miles in my W211 E55...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great photo's and one more post for 10,000 :thumb:

SPX looks great as ever, still at a lose to understand why you sold it!

Most of my cars last barely three month, so to last a whole six month is quite an achievement!

I'm also buying a Maserati QP once the weather warms up a bit and I wanted to keep my powder dry...

I always wanted a QP but was put off by a number of factors, the main one being a lack of dealerships.

Just make sure you get the one with the full auto box and not that silly earlier one. :D

SPX if I'm not being too nosey did you keep a record of what it cost you over the 6 months?

I'm sorely tempted to have 6 months :) to scratch an itch.

SPX if I'm not being too nosey did you keep a record of what it cost you over the 6 months?

I'm sorely tempted to have 6 months :) to scratch an itch.

Did roughly 5000 miles @ £6 a gallon VPower is roughly £1900, cost me circa £1600 in faults etc so about £3500 or £1.20 per mile. Fantastic car though.

If I was you, I would budget at least a grand for any bits you will need to sort out (wear and tear items) because it will need them, these cars cannot be run on anything other than a very healthy budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wanted a QP but was put off by a number of factors, the main one being a lack of dealerships.

Just make sure you get the one with the full auto box and not that silly earlier one. :D

The research began about a year ago so by the time I'm ready to buy, I'll know them inside out!

^ Yep, I can't imagine being without mine. They maybe 10+ years old but that engine!

^ Yep, I can't imagine being without mine. They maybe 10+ years old but that engine!

So very true, I love mine so much. Only issue is the age as you say.

I'm struggling to know what my next move will be.

So very true, I love mine so much. Only issue is the age as you say.

I'm struggling to know what my next move will be.

I think every 55K owner has the same issue; you can buy a good E/CL/S 55K for anywhere around £10k now and there's just nothing vaguely close to their 'bang for buck'.

I think every 55K owner has the same issue; you can buy a good E/CL/S 55K for anywhere around £10k now and there's just nothing vaguely close to their 'bang for buck'.

Yes I had an opportunity to buy S211 6.2 recently. But it just wasn't enough of a change and the occasional need for an estate didn't warrant buying an unknown quantity.

Thinking 5.5tt but the costs of purchase are not where I need or want them to be. In which to make such a purchase make sense for me.

Gonna keep mine for ever and ever love it too much,,, and it still gets lots of attention from other motorists,,, and the buzz when you plant your right foot,,, what more can I say a true future classic that commands respect

I feel exactly the same.

Even though I have toyed with the idea of selling mine more than once, my heart is just not in it.

It's now the longest car I've ever owned at 4 years and 2 months and that is out of 15 cars in 22 years (and my previous was a Saab 9-5 Aero which I owned for 3.5 years as I had no idea what car I really wanted for ages!).

For me - that says something!

I feel exactly the same.

Even though I have toyed with the idea of selling mine more than once, my heart is just not in it.

It's now the longest car I've ever owned at 4 years and 2 months and that is out of 15 cars in 22 years (and my previous was a Saab 9-5 Aero which I owned for 3.5 years as I had no idea what car I really wanted for ages!).

For me - that says something!

John I also had a 9-5 Aero, its another car thats does what it should so well. Very underated in my opinion.

John I also had a 9-5 Aero, its another car thats does what it should so well. Very underated in my opinion.

Yes, I agree. Whilst it never bowled me over, it was a very capable car with very comfy front seats. I guess that is why I stuck with it for so long, and as above I had no idea what car I really wanted.

I think that was me trying to be sensible!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom