The first thing you broke on your new MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alistairgd

Car
C180 AMG Sport Plus
7 months new and I broke something.

Was rooting around in the boot, getting to know the spare wheel etc, and thought I'd remove the small black plastic carpet clips at the back, there's two, one left and one right.

Little did I know the little black cap was egg shell thin and brittle as a very brittle thing. Shattered into 5 pieces as soon as I looked at it with so much as a "wonder how easily that pops out" kind of look.

Then as I tried to remove what was left, it disappeared into the underside, to roll around for evermore.

I am the same,when ever I decide to investigate something it either breaks or vanishes down some hole never to be seen again,so I say leave well alone until it needs fixing then break or lose it.Some people have too much time on their hands like me.

Phew; I seem to have had a lucky escape. It was only last weekend that I too removed those two black clips during a thorough clean. But no problems. :bannana: Must be the blazing heat here in East Anglia keeping the plastic supple!

Ha, I think my clip must have been defective, the cap was way to thin to withstand any prising.

I was in the dealer today for my new wheels, went to parts and they gave me a new stud :eek:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom