The fleet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevieb15

Car
98 sl 500, 90 w126 500se, 03 CLK 320 Convertible, 90 W124 CE300
Having just bought a new, to me anyway, car a W126 500SE and my wife spending a few days with me in our northern base with her incredibly pretty CLK 32O Avantgarde I decided to get the Banana out of the garage and get a group shot whilst also taking a few pics of the W126 to post on here.
The W126, has been a revelation, I thought she was in good nick which is why I bought her and closer inspection has confirmed my initial impression. I've had an oil leak in the diff sorted, am having seals replaced in the air con and have replaced the original Becker Radio/Cassette with a Pioneer AVH-5300DVD (I had planned this to be temporary whilst the Becker was decoded but I'm so impressed with the Pioneer unit I'm keeping it and will probably fit another in the SL) Other than these minor jobs, I might have the leather re coloured but thats just about it, quite a testament for a 21 year old car with 96000 miles on the clock!
Pictures by stevieb15 - Photobucket

Last edited:
All looking good. The leather on the 126 looks nice. Is it faded or cracked maybe? Doesnt show.

No its almost perfect except for the drivers bolster where the worst wear usually occurs, but when I have that done I'll make sure the rest matches.
The carpets are all original with MB ribbed overmats, all the glass is original as is the chrome work, there is one tiny dint on the near side rear door that my local body shop, John Lagan, is sorting when I have a few stone chips on the bonnet sorted.
It has the original First Aid kit and fire extinguisher but unfortunately the tool kit is missing so I'm hoping to find a replacement on ebay or similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom