The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Were the deal to proceed then I have no doubt that she would do very well from it but fronting a deal for foreign investors doesn't mean she will have any decision in the running of the club or where the owners' money is spent.

And since it is far from clear who all of these investors actually are and who would be appointed chair (almost certainly not Staveley), you have to wonder how the real owners will be subject to the Premier League's "fit and proper person" test.

As I said, running, not controlling.

Agree re fit n proper person’s test. I am still owed money from the Pompey collapse. The whole world could see it was coming, apart from the FA.

As I said, running, not controlling.

Agree re fit n proper person’s test. I am still owed money from the Pompey collapse. The whole world could see it was coming, apart from the FA.

I think the main reason for PCP's involvement is to ensure that the real owners are not subject to any such scrutiny.

yes well done, I love seeing little teams beat bigger ones, £2m beat £777m :D

However maybe I am used to watching worse tackles, that wasn't a red or even a yellow for me, Delph went in and got all of the ball and the guy went over him and made a meal of it. I watched it live, I was like ''what a tackle!''. The ref didn't have slow mo or have our angles but shouldn't send someone off when he's not sure.

^ Still rate Barcelona as the best club side in the world.
I fancy Chelsea to lose narrowly tonight unfortunately, and heavily in the return leg. Their defence is all over the place.

^ Not over yet but Chelsea look far more like scoring more. I'll take 1- 0
I'll be glad to be proven wrong with my prediction.

Celtic unceremoniously dumped out of the Europa League tonight, it’s all right being the big cheese in a one club league but they don’t half land with a bump when they’re taken out of their comfort zone.

I’d be genuinely interested to see how they’d do in the English leagues and which division they’d start in.

Can you believe Leeds Utd charge away fans £39 for a Championship game

Celtic unceremoniously dumped out of the Europa League tonight.

I’d be genuinely interested to see how they’d do in the English leagues and which division they’d start in.

They’d be scraping along at the bottom of League One.

Big news, Bristol City hold on to first half lead :D

After the pitch invasions at West Ham today, the FA have announced the strongest possible sanctions they can make.

Joe Hart will be forced to play every game of the season...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom