The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hopefully Southgate will play all the ones who didn't get a minute on the pitch.
Nobody gives a stuff who is third.

I agree.

Share the experience with some of the lads who haven’t quite made the grade yet.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It was rubbish to lose and we missed chances and seemed to be asleep a couple of times during Croatian attacks.

But we got to the semis for only the third time in our history and we won a penalty shootout.

Bring on the European Championship.

Sorry to say but we dont play in the same legue as other teams. The days of the one to one football is over .Now its 2 on to one and get the ball at all costs . The ref should have booked more of them and cut it out at the start .Well i burned my flag, and i will never watch another English team foot ball match again .

I was disappointed by our inability to score from open play, we had no "Luka Modrich" midfield general, it was route one Div 1 style aimed at Sterling (who invariably made a mess of it), Dier did well on the right wing but where were the likes of Eden Hazard or Kevin De Groyne running at the defence ball at feet?? You only had to have watched Belgium's matches to see how petrified defences were by those 2.

Southgate is right about one thing - this team is not the finished article, still very much a work in progress.

Sorry to say but we dont play in the same legue as other teams.

I think the evidence contradicts your statement.

England got through to the last 4 of the World Cup finals.

They may have had some shortcomings. But they clearly had significant strengths or they would not have progressed along that journey.

Sorry to say but we dont play in the same legue as other teams. The days of the one to one football is over .Now its 2 on to one and get the ball at all costs . The ref should have booked more of them and cut it out at the start .Well i burned my flag, and i will never watch another English team foot ball match again .
You're still going to Croatia for your holidays though yeah?

I think they did very well considering. They might not always play with consistency but semi finals and a penalty shootout won.

I certainly enjoyed it and this young team seem to be improving. Bodes well for the Euros in a couple of years time assuming we can maintain or improve.

Although England have some good midfield players, they did not take any great midfield layers, mainly because of injuries. IMO had they been able to have taken the likes of Adam Lallana, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, Jack Wilshire, they may have had a more creative midfield, but that is hindsight.

Although England have some good midfield players, they did not take any great midfield layers, mainly because of injuries. IMO had they been able to have taken the likes of Adam Lallana, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, Jack Wilshire, they may have had a more creative midfield, but that is hindsight.

Does Wilshire even play anymore?

in the country of corruption it was only apt that the referee did his best to get in the spirit of things and disgracefully hand the World Cup to France - I had no “skin in the game” but the sheer weight of decisions the ref gave to France made me cheer on Croatia.

Not much of a consolation but at least they can hold their heads up knowing that they didn’t need a bent ref to hand them the cup.

If we spent less time passing backwards, then lashing it up front to Jellyfish (Stirling) we might look a bit more like a team

They lost because we are still playing 1966 football one to one is not good enough, when you want the ball you take it 2 to 1 and leg them over do anything to get it Croatia did .But the French wone and thats good enough for me Croatia did not deserve it because they were dirty players .

Imminent managerial vacancy at Old Trafford ??

"Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning......!"

Come on you Spurs!!!!! Can't believe we've won 3-0 at Old Trafford, magic! Bets on Morinho getting the bullet soon??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom