The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am sorry but I have to put a Latin American twist on this.
Quite regularly I pop into a florest near my business and buy a bouquet of flowers for my lovely wife of 25 years .

One of the young female florists is from Argentina.
A great fan of English clubs she makes frequent trips every year from Denver to watch the big matches in England .
Now that is a dedicated fan.
Get a load of this "the beautiful game' Latin style!
Tuercas viejas

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bring back fat Frank 🥴🤦🤦😩😩

Do we have any season ticket holders on here?

I'll confess to having one for the mighty Irons
icon_crest.gif
QPR here. Used to have them but have gone back to having a membership. Still go to plenty of games. They've always been been my local team since I moved to London.

Ridiculous performance. Thiago shouldn’t be getting two yellows within 30 mins. And two big misses from the starting line up, Mount and Kante. Jorginho gives us nothing.

Little blip, according to Mr Cole. If he loses in the champs Leauge he will get the both barrels like fat Frank got. Mickey mouse run club 😂😂😂

well, whatever you say about the club, Roman has brought (or bought 😂) a lot of success so I’ve no complaints 😉

well, whatever you say about the club, Roman has brought (or bought 😂) a lot of success so I’ve no complaints 😉
I'll also take them being top London club v 4th best and 8 pts behind😆😆😆
Shocking performance today though:wallbash:

European Super League, why no German or French teams? Only English, Spanish and Italian, AC Milan, ****nal, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur

European Super League, why no German or French teams? Only English, Spanish and Italian, AC Milan, ****nal, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur
Who knows? Disappointing development in my view. Greedy billionaires being greedy. 🤬🤬

I would imagine the others are waiting to see if it flies and what is in it for them ... there is far more money in French and German football.

Who knows? Disappointing development in my view. Greedy billionaires being greedy. 🤬🤬

I agree, but on the bright side, if those 6 English clubs are thrown out, Leeds will be moved up to 3rd place in the Premier League and therfore qualify for the Champions league ... er, hang on .... :rolleyes:

I would imagine the others are waiting to see if it flies and what is in it for them ... there is far more money in French and German football.
The proposal is that the founding twelve clubs have permanent dibs on membership of the league. Other teams may or may not be included via some form of qualification. So there’ll be room for some well-heeled German and French Teams as long as they can afford the entry fees (whatever they will be).

Disgraceful behaviour by these six, I’d have thrown them out of the league first thing this morning

Bit of a stretch to label Tottenham as a top club, but I digress.:D
Shocking decision by these clubs all based on greed. I hope it fails miserably and all have to reapply to join the league, starting at the bottom.

Still on Tottenham, no surprise Mourinho has got the bullet, but strange timing with a final coming this weekend v Man City.
Has to be the last English club for him surely?
He will look back and consider his time in the UK to be a bit of a failure. At no time, even when winning the league and FA cups with Chelsea did he encourage a brand of attacking football. I won't be sorry to see him go.

Who's next?
Brendan Rodgers would be a good shout, but he is doing great things at Leicester and would be silly to leave. As long as chairman Levy wields so much say in transfers and club policy, the managers job at Spurs is a hot potato.

I have found out why no Germans, their rules state that the club must be 50/50 owned plus 1 to the fans, so the fans always have the casting vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom