The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have found out why no Germans, their rules state that the club must be 50/50 owned plus 1 to the fans, so the fans always have the casting vote.

That's very interesting, Geoff - had no idea that was the set up there - thanks.

Still on Tottenham, no surprise Mourinho has got the bullet, but strange timing with a final coming this weekend v Man City.
Has to be the last English club for him surely?
He will look back and consider his time in the UK to be a bit of a failure. At no time, even when winning the league and FA cups with Chelsea did he encourage a brand of attacking football. I won't be sorry to see him go.

Who's next?
Brendan Rodgers would be a good shout, but he is doing great things at Leicester and would be silly to leave. As long as chairman Levy wields so much say in transfers and club policy, the managers job at Spurs is a hot potato.
That’s not unique to spurs. It’s the same at Chelski and probably a lot of other clubs. It’s a daft situation and in my mind managers should be consulted in all transfers.

I have found out why no Germans, their rules state that the club must be 50/50 owned plus 1 to the fans, so the fans always have the casting vote.
Yep, they have a much better system. I like the players contracts too, mostly they get paid on performances, so when they don’t play they suffer financially. It means they look after themselves and act more professionally than a lot of English players.

So the two clubs with money, Chelsea and Man City, pull out leaving the debt ridden clubs no their choice but to join them.
message to Spuds (£600m debt), Real Madrid (nearly £1b debt) et al ; Don’t pay daft prices and pay silly wages when you can’t afford it and expect all football fans to bail you out.

I'm hoping my little old Brentford can join them...mind you we have lost out 9 times in the play offs...could it be 10th time lucky

A truly odd season to say the least, but overall City deserve the title 👍 🏆.

It's not a gold one only one team has that 😉🏆😁.

Screenshot_20210512-223642.png

Hatrick man Kanu 😉😁

Shameful performance from Chelski last night. Jorginho and Zouma offer the team nothing (especially Jorginho). And I can never understand managers that field weakened teams, and then when they get into trouble, go chasing the game. Field a strong team, get the game won, and then make changes.

And I can never understand managers that field weakened teams, and then when they get into trouble, go chasing the game. Field a strong team, get the game won, and then make changes.
Totally agree, i.e. Man Utd on Tuesday. :rolleyes:

Totally agree, i.e. Man Utd on Tuesday. :rolleyes:
United had an excuse for fielding a weakened team v Leicester. They are being forced to play 3 games in 5 days. Its a very changed team v Liverpool tonight.
Chelsea missed a trick and put out a poor selection last night. Bad defeat too and really need to win at least one of the two remaining games v Leicester (h) and Villa (a)

Amazing how many times the under dog win the FA CUP well done Leicester you deserved that hard luck Chelsea just not good enough huffed and puffed 😁 come on city👍

Last edited:
Congratulations to Rangers FC on winning their 55th league title.

Well done Steven Gerrard and all his players and staff becoming invincibles getting through a 38 game domestic league campaign unbeaten.

I'm delighted Leicester won the cup today, was a fantastic strike also 🏆.

It's only the fa Cup lol 🤣🤣.

Something tells me fat Frank had a little raised arm somewhere 😂😂👍🏻.

If this Tuchel doesn't get a win in the champs final, he could get what Franky got 😳😳

Tuchel did it again, put out a weakened side and got beat. Another very poor performance. James in a back three? Leave Chillwell on the bench. Ziyech instead of Havertz. I think those upstairs have made it clear that the CL final is the one they want.

He’d better bloody win it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom