The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So what's this tosh about FIFA banning the wearing of poppies on Armistice Day and what if both teams just turn out wearing poppies regardless and what would they do about it anyways?

Soper Brentford taught QP Ha! Ha! a lesson live on sky last friday, bring on Foolham! this Friday also live on Sky

Manchester City 3 Barcelona 1
Fantastic ! just beat the best team in the world

What a winning goal for Ozil, worth goal of the season IMHO (and I'm a Spurs fan!!).

Aaron Cresswell about to be announced in the England squad
icon_crest.gif

Update from my last post - seems the great form of the Chelsea boys continues with a superb performance against Everton. 16 goals scored and none conceded in 5 premiership games, since they lost 3 -0 to ****nal, is some turnaround.

You didn't even make the substitutes bench at school, did you?

It shows...

Played number eight actually. You are right, didnt see the subs bench as I ran onto the pitch.

Come on Ingerland!!!

God, does this mean we will have Gareth Southgate as manager? :D

A safe pair of hands having been with the FA for a good while so should be ok? Do not understand why they just don't get on an appoint him.

Bit too rough for you?

I was only joking before but you definitely hold a grudge because you didn't get picked for the football team, the hatred drops off of every word you've posted in this thread!

I was only joking before but you definitely hold a grudge because you didn't get picked for the football team, the hatred drops off of every word you've posted in this thread!

So was I and there is no hatred at all I assure you.

Id really love for football to get its act together and the referrees to get tough with all the theatricals and fouling. Its ruining the game. I dont support any particular team but occasionally I will watch a match but as soon as the pansy theatricals start I switch off. It seems to be a legitimate/tolerated way of cheating. Rugby really has got this sorted. If a referree sees foul play he acts and refers it back to the TMO if in doubt. Abusing the referee isnt tolerated either. All in all a much better administered match.

Interesting point Alfie but not supported by an article in The Torygraph today by Mick Cleary. He is attending a conference soon and feels Referee's use of the TMO together with too much player backchat is starting to affect the game.

A safe pair of hands having been with the FA for a good while so should be ok? Do not understand why they just don't get on an appoint him.

Looks like they are going to tomorrow as long as he accepts £1.5M a year. Hodgson was on £3.5M allegedly?

Yes he got treated pretty badly.
Listening to Luther Blisset talking about him this afternoon, Luther said that when he came in to Watford FC he changed so much.

Anyone who follows footy will remember how good Watford FC were under his leadership in the early/mid 80's.
Extremely underrated leader was Graham Taylor!
We could do with a few more like him nowadays

RIP Graham Taylor

And the keyboard player from Bronski Beat. He was only on his mid fifties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom