The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don’t like Southgate, his plays are straight out of the coaching manual where possession is the king. Backwards or sideways is better than chancing your arm !
Our two most creative players are Foden and Grealish, one sits on the bench and one is told to hug the touch line. Sterling is shocking, his end product is usually nil and his 2nd touch is trying to control his 1st touch yet Southgate can’t see any of this.
Scotland are a poor side but we’re better than England last night and both teams will struggle in their last group games

Game of the tournament from the ones I've seen just finishing. Portugal v Germany with both sides going for it. Germany are back.
Italy looking very dangerous with two 3-0 wins from both their games.

England? 😂😂 Not a hope in hell. Last 16 and then out.

Hoping for Turkey to narrowly win or draw v the Swiss, that would rule both teams out of the 4 best 3rd position qualifiers, then it would just require another 1 team from the other groups finishing 3rd on 3 points or less.......paving the way for Scotland to qualify on 4 points should they beat Croatia🙏

Ach well, that will be that! 3 decent enough performances from Scotland but just lacked that wee bit of quality in certain areas when it mattered. We created plenty of chances with limited possession in all 3 games but it just wasn’t to be. Croatia played well tonight with Modric running the show ably assisted by Kovacic.
On a side note I think it’s been a brilliant tournament to date.

Yep, shame for the Scotts. England did get through without conceding which is great, but boring to watch. We will need to up our game a lot for the knock out stages.

Portugal v France a decent game both qualifying along with Germany.

I actually fancy England can get a result v Germany next week, but had they played either of the other two I fear they would have lost.

Too much play acting again from the Portugal/France guys. It’s embarrassing how their legs fail when they get any sort of upper body contact. Falling to the ground. 🤧

Imagine bumping into someone on the high street, legs buckle and rolling around on the floor. 😁

All this of a Tuesday. It don’t feel right. But it feels kinda good ish.
😚

Wembley has never stayed so full for so long. 🥳

Well done England. I didn't expect the win to be honest, but Germany were 2nd best today.
Bring on Sweden or Ukraine.

I don’t like Southgate, his plays are straight out of the coaching manual where possession is the king. Backwards or sideways is better than chancing your arm !
Our two most creative players are Foden and Grealish, one sits on the bench and one is told to hug the touch line. Sterling is shocking, his end product is usually nil and his 2nd touch is trying to control his 1st touch yet Southgate can’t see any of this.
Scotland are a poor side but we’re better than England last night and both teams will struggle in their last group games
Erm is Sterling still shocking? Bet your eating your hat right now..

Erm is Sterling still shocking? Bet your eating your hat right now..
Yes, he is still mostly pretty rubbish. First touch still poor and runs into trouble and falls over looking for a foul. He did position himself well for his goal though.

Also let's not kid ourselves, this Germany team is pretty poor to say the least...... but we've won again and on we go. Southgate has just ensured he gets another 4 years on his contract and more turgid football will ensue. Despite what I've written above I am happy we've progressed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom