The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
RIP Graham Taylor. I heard him on the radio years ago after the England job and he clearly was very knowledgeable and passionate about football. Am original thinker too.

Me, a Chelsea fan for 20 yrs. Before that, Leeds!

I'm kicking myself for not backing them at the beginning of the season to be relegated, I knew they'd cave in and I was right!

Claudio Ranieri sacked by Leicester City

He did the impossible for the club and this is how they repay him.

Why not sack some players too?

Claudio Ranieri sacked by Leicester City | Football News | Sky Sports

I agree it's sad he's been sacked and obviously it's not only his fault but they've only won 5 games all season in the league and haven't scored a league goal in 2017 yet.
These days football is a business and the people running the business have decided they can't afford to let him stay....obviously sacking him is no guarantee of success or avoiding relegation but I think they've given him a fair crack of the whip this season.

......and to add insult to injury the favourite to replace him is Nigel Pearson, who they sacked for all kinds of wrong doing before Ranieri arrived. You couldn't make it up.

Whatever happened to "The beautiful game?". I remember now - money , greed, Sky TV and an influx of foreign players.......

......and to add insult to injury the favourite to replace him is Nigel Pearson, who they sacked for all kinds of wrong doing before Ranieri arrived. You couldn't make it up.

Did he do anything wrong, or was it goes son who was now the issue?
I remember Nigel having a few rants but nothing more than that. I'm asking out of curiosity, rather than anything else

Should never have sold Kante to Chelsea.......But i am glad they did!:D

Tony.

I have never understood this business about sacking a manager whose team is not getting results. I have always laboured under the delusion that it was the players on the field that won or lost games ?
In terms of Leicester City last year's success they were pictured as a team that won "against the odds" perhaps this years "the odds" merely reasserted themselves ?

I have never understood this business about sacking a manager whose team is not getting results. I have always laboured under the delusion that it was the players on the field that won or lost games ?
In terms of Leicester City last year's success they were pictured as a team that won "against the odds" perhaps this years "the odds" merely reasserted themselves ?

Well it's much easier to fire one guy than an entire team. Sad but true

Not to absolve the players too much but if the conductor of an orchestra isn't getting it right the orchestra won't play.

Plus, like Terry says, it's a lot easier to sack one person than it is eleven, there's been a few for Newcastle over the years who should have been embarrassed to pick up their wages they were that terrible.

Not an ****nal fan, and I do get why they aren't happy. But the protests against Wenger don't sit right with me. He's gave best part of 25 years to the club, and arguably transformed them ( not so much lately I know )

****nal were nowhere near a title until he arrived.

Cut him some slack in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does seem unfair but comes with the job. Look what they did to the ex Leicester manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom