The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And they'll be nowhere near a title when he leaves.

Of course they will.

"Second Best Club in North London - 2016 / 2017"

Mercedes 1 - Vauxhall 0

(Mods, I'm expecting you'll be deleting the dupe post in the other, wrong forum)
c11a7f9330efd711a0c34ad4bb8f54bd.jpg
Only one team played like winners tonight - oh why can't it be us? Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but this England team have the appearance of a bunch of (rich kid) boys. Excellent shot from Podolski, fairy tale ending for him, well-deserved.
57f85109d624cb765b0531608edb6ec4.jpg

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

"The Sessions are Fantastic". Perhaps they should play fantastically in the actual games!

Pet hate: a keeper dives for a shot and pulls in his leading arm. Hart did it for Podolski's screamer. Even if it doesn't look likely to save it (but might if the ball swerves back) why is he deciding that mid-flight? I'm pretty sure Gordon Banks wouldn't have done that!

Having said that, I'm sure now that today's tragedy in the capital would have been on their minds and they were good to play with pride like that in public when the stuffing has been knocked out of them.

07eb56d676d92d7aa5dd9715336a4f01.jpg

You sure about that. Check it out!!!

I have to admit that is impressive.

Personally, I'd like to have seen him and Chrissie in their prime go head-to-head in a mullet-off.

Last edited:
Why can't Liverpool beat anyone below the top 6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am guessing one of two things.

A struggle to get a real decent sports phycologist to mentally inject the same level of commitment and desire for each match..

Or that top teams "have a go" to win the match, and as such allow Liverpool chances to score. It has been proven they can't break down teams that park the bus, and are very weak defending counter attacking teams after periods of frustration trying to break these teams down, while they themselves are pretty good at counter attacking football.

So do they need more diversity in attack against these "park the bus" teams, and more time with sports phycologists mentally preparing players to give that extra 5% they do with the bigger teams (no large target centre forward for example).

Also is also self driven due to the sub-conscious importance they place on the match to prove they are the best.. Like raising your game at work when the stakes are higher, let less so on "Normal" jobs.

I can imagine if they have a phycologist with a broad accent trying to fire up a laid back latin American, might be something to behold. And while that latter part is partially in jest, language must play a part as well as a deep belief (like european leagues) that you only have to beat the top few teams to dominate the league, where the premiership is much closer in team abilities.

Well, thats my mind dump on the matter from a life long (50+ years) Liverpool supporter. But what do I know eh..

I am guessing one of two things.

A struggle to get a real decent sports phycologist to mentally inject the same level of commitment and desire for each match..

Or that top teams "have a go" to win the match, and as such allow Liverpool chances to score. It has been proven they can't break down teams that park the bus, and are very weak defending counter attacking teams after periods of frustration trying to break these teams down, while they themselves are pretty good at counter attacking football.

So do they need more diversity in attack against these "park the bus" teams, and more time with sports phycologists mentally preparing players to give that extra 5% they do with the bigger teams (no large target centre forward for example).

Also is also self driven due to the sub-conscious importance they place on the match to prove they are the best.. Like raising your game at work when the stakes are higher, let less so on "Normal" jobs.

I can imagine if they have a phycologist with a broad accent trying to fire up a laid back latin American, might be something to behold. And while that latter part is partially in jest, language must play a part as well as a deep belief (like european leagues) that you only have to beat the top few teams to dominate the league, where the premiership is much closer in team abilities.

Well, thats my mind dump on the matter from a life long (50+ years) Liverpool supporter. But what do I know eh..

Think you may have a very good point.

I'm a long suffering Red also.

I think we need to sort our defence out, klavan is garbage, and I've never been convinced by lovren. Jury still out on Matip.

Team just doesn't have any steel or leadership.

Klopp will get it right, he's a winner down to his boots, I can see it being a three way race for the title next year between City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

I like what Spurs are doing but I fear they could become the proverbial bridesmaids.

Klopp will get it right, he's a winner down to his boots, I can see it being a three way race for the title next year between City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

I like what Spurs are doing but I fear they could become the proverbial bridesmaids.

I think both him and pep have had a wake up call about how competitive the league is.

In Spain/Germany. The majority of the opposition don't try a leg against the top 2

As someone who has had Chelsea at heart since I was 14 and could walk to Stamford Bridge I am pleased to see them on top again. However I feel that Spurs are playing better than the rest at the moment.

This coming weekend Chelsea go to Dis - united whilst Spurs have Bournemouth at home.

Should be interesting.....

As someone who has had Chelsea at heart since I was 14 and could walk to Stamford Bridge I am pleased to see them on top again. However I feel that Spurs are playing better than the rest at the moment.

This coming weekend Chelsea go to Dis - united whilst Spurs have Bournemouth at home.

Should be interesting.....

You have the league wrapped up.

Spurs are no threat

Call me a pessimist but i don't agree - yet! Lot's can happen between now and the end of the season.

Looks like ****nal's run in Champions League is over though after last nights capitulation.

All credit to Palace.

Harry " I can't read or write, it's my dogs fault I took a back hander " Redknapp back in football at Brum FC

Wonder how much he's on to keep them up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom