The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We did 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, good job we have two teams up Manc.😇
I agree and as sad as it might seem, thank god for Man City, as being a United fan, City are definitely the lesser of two evils, compared to Liverpool. 🙄

I think he will. Look at where the Gunners were after a couple of games last year.
Brentford beat the Gunners 2-0 in the first game of the season last year.

Super Brentford win again....well done to Bournemouth and Brighton too...all the B's having a good weekend....long may it continue

Typical my luck, I’m away for a few days and so missed our 5-2 drubbing of Leicester ….🤪

What should be done about VAR?

Cricket seems to have it operating in a transparent & successful manner, why does the EPL have such difficulties with it?

Should review panel include former players, should it be up to the teams to request a review, with say, 3 appeals per match? The way it is now is untenable & destroying confidence in refs & the integrity of the league.

Super accurate VAR to be used at World Cup. They are putting accelerometers in the balls so the exact moment of kicking can be established and cameras around the ground should then be able to come up with a definite correct decision.

What could go wrong?

Can't Believe little old Brentford went and beat Man City on their own ground...Absolutely fantastic...Then the news about Ivan Toney Breaks to ruin everything

Is it me or do you sense a real apathy to this world cup ? I admit not to being a big football fan but the total lack of enthusiasm that I see in my two local pubs (normally very sport orientated) is palpable. One of them has just been taken over (re opened Friday night) and only has one small TV ...the previous lot took the other 3 big screens with them when they left and the new landlord does not seem in a hurry to replace them.

Even people I know who know the game would normally be talking in depth about the $hite/brilliant England squad we have this year have hardly spoken about it. 🤷‍♂️

Is it me or do you sense a real apathy to this world cup ? I admit not to being a big football fan but the total lack of enthusiasm that I see in my two local pubs (normally very sport orientated) is palpable. One of them has just been taken over (re opened Friday night) and only has one small TV ...the previous lot took the other 3 big screens with them when they left and the new landlord does not seem in a hurry to replace them.

Even people I know who know the game would normally be talking in depth about the $hite/brilliant England squad we have this year have hardly spoken about it. 🤷‍♂️

Time of year doesn't help either! Can't exactly sit in a beer garden when it's 3°c and Raining 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom