The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Many thanks to the Hammers last night. Totteringham didn't seem at all well - maybe it was some of those tackles flying in?

Chatting to a neighbour today, who has along standing affinity with Spurs, and we both agreed that they need an "enforcer type " in their team to protect the playmakers. Not sure who but there do not seem to be as many around these days. ****nal probably need the same tbh.

^ I wonder if, when it gets tough, Spurs lack the hardness and ambition to be the best.

Seems to me that finishing above ****nal was a bigger deal than winning the title. They blew it last season too and their record in the FA cup points to them finishing 2nd in everything.
Finally, they have a chairman who would sell every single player if the price was right. Instead of building a team around a player like Bale, he was sold because R Madrid offered a big sum. I'd be pretty teed off supporting Spurs with that attitude. Its no wonder they don't win anything.

Finally, they have a chairman who would sell every single player if the price was right. Instead of building a team around a player like Bale, he was sold because R Madrid offered a big sum. I'd be pretty teed off supporting Spurs with that attitude. Its no wonder they don't win anything.

Bale wanted to leave and so there was no point in making him stay when he had the chance to go and win La Liga and the Champions League.

Even Manchester United at their peak couldn't keep hold of David Beckham when Real came calling.

I must have been on Mars but Spurs have somehow inexplicably parachuted as title contenders.They're not even a Champions League 4th spot side.They are only at such overachieving heights simply because the likes of Man utd,Man City, Liverpool(these 2 in particular) have been rubbish

Bale wanted to leave and so there was no point in making him stay when he had the chance to go and win La Liga and the Champions League.

Even Manchester United at their peak couldn't keep hold of David Beckham when Real came calling.

And if I were a Spurs supporter I'd be thinking, why did Bale, Modric, Berbatov etc etc all want to leave? Because they were at a selling club,a club with no ambition, not one to keep their best players and build a winning side. Watch when Alli or Kane get sold. Its only a matter of time before Levy cashes in.

Last edited:
I was at the game last night, it was a good job the Ginger Pele James Collins wore shorts with two pockets, one for Kane and one for Alli.

^ It was an unexpected result considering Spurs form up until then.
So you were wearing a claret/blue scarf then?:D

^^^^ Season ticket holder, I've been to every game there this season.

I hate the new ground and won't be renewing.

I'm sure it's wonderful for athletics but a football ground it isn't. The fundamental reason is the fans are much too far from the pitch, combine that with large gaps between different areas and it feels more like you're watching a display rather than being 'at the match'.

I'm an old fashioned supporter, in my opinion a good ground should be somewhere the opposition don't fancy going, where they don't want to take a corner kick because of the proximity of helpful advice from the home supporters. I have a lot of smaller gripes, all of which add up.

The bottom line is I just don't enjoy going there. I wish I did, but I don't.

That's why I'm glad Anfield is being redeveloped, rather than some airport departure lounge type stadium.

Think in 25 years people will get nostalgic for traditional stadiums, opposed to the soulless big bowls they have now.

Sent using a tin can on the end of a string

Similarly in Brighton, at Goldstone ground it was close standing behind the occasional crowd barrier, then acres of space between the crowd and action the over at Withdean athletics stadium, now the Amex, a decent "normal" stadium by all accounts from mates who go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

579ffa9523b6e5de45555e034b2c4e84.jpg

Sent using a tin can on the end of a string

I'm sure it's wonderful for athletics but a football ground it isn't. The fundamental reason is the fans are much too far from the pitch, combine that with large gaps between different areas and it feels more like you're watching a display rather than being 'at the match'.

I'm an old fashioned supporter, in my opinion a good ground should be somewhere the opposition don't fancy going, where they don't want to take a corner kick because of the proximity of helpful advice from the home supporters. I have a lot of smaller gripes, all of which add up.

The bottom line is I just don't enjoy going there. I wish I did, but I don't.

The days of the chicken run can never ever be replicated, they will live in my memory for ever, sadly along with some mates who are no longer here . :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom