The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What the hek has just happened....... I switched off after 94 mins.......

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Great stuff!
An all English Champions league final.
And possibly an all English Europa final too.

So, Champions League final is 2 of the top 6 Premier League clubs, will we make it 4 out of the top 6 tomorrow night with ****nal and Chelsea in the Europa League semis?

I'm not sure my heart can take one more night like last and this - can't believe my team came back from 3 down tonight to win on away goals - and will we have Harry back for the final?

Come on you Spurs!!!!!

Edit - love the way the scunthorpe filter has modified the name of the Gunners!!:D:D:D

So, Champions League final is 2 of the top 6 Premier League clubs, will we make it 4 out of the top 6 tomorrow night with ****nal and Chelsea in the Europa League semis?

I'm not sure my heart can take one more night like last and this - can't believe my team came back from 3 down tonight to win on away goals - and will we have Harry back for the final?

Come on you Spurs!!!!!

Edit - love the way the scunthorpe filter has modified the name of the Gunners!!:D:D:D
Ditto, Come on you Spurs!!!!!
:D:D:D

So the spuds have got some led in the pencil..........

Amazing that both LFC and Spurs have made it to the final. Good luck to them both.

I'd like to see Spurs win as they've not done so before. But as long as it's a good match, played in the right spirit and the fans don't disgrace the game or our country, then I don't care much who wins.

I'm a life-long Utd fan and when (as now) they are out of the competition, I don't have much interest in the remaining teams. I'm certainly not anti Liverpool or City etc.. The premiership title result for example, is to me purely academic this year. That's likely to stay that way unless Utd can pull their collective finger out next year. I would actually like to see Liverpool lift their first premiership trophy this year, though that requires City to drop a couple of points on Sunday...

Amazing that both LFC and Spurs have made it to the final. Good luck to them both.

I'd like to see Spurs win as they've not done so before. But as long as it's a good match, played in the right spirit and the fans don't disgrace the game or our country, then I don't care much who wins.

I'm a life-long Utd fan and when (as now) they are out of the competition, I don't have much interest in the remaining teams. I'm certainly not anti Liverpool or City etc.. The premiership title result for example, is to me purely academic this year. That's likely to stay that way unless Utd can pull their collective finger out next year. I would actually like to see Liverpool lift their first premiership trophy this year, though that requires City to drop a couple of points on Sunday...
Eh? :eek: you want Liverpool to win, and you support Man U,
Sorry NO!

Eh? :eek: you want Liverpool to win, and you support Man U,
Sorry NO!
Whatever....

My Dad was from Liverpool and was a lifelong Liverpool fan. My Mum was a lifelong Man U fan. They were married for just over 50-years before my Mum passed away. I've supported Man U since before they won the European Cup against Benfica. I supported them when they dropped into the second division, supported them through the 'Sir Alex' period, am supporting them during the current doldrums and will continue to do so into the future.

Just because I support Man U doesn't for me mean that I have to be anti Liverpool or indeed anti any other team. My wardrobe only has room for two football shirts, England and Man Utd. There is no room for shirts belonging to any team playing Liverpool FC. Can't be Rsed.

Im hoping Chelsea don't let the side down now........

Im hoping Chelsea don't let the side down now........

4-3 on pens, all English clubs in the Europa League and Champions League finals. Who'd have thought that?

4-3 on pens, all English clubs in the Europa League and Champions League finals. Who'd have thought that?
Imagine the odds on that at the beginning of the season ££££££

Seen the prices for travel, rooms and tickets in Madrid now though.....?
Madness :crazy:

Might need a new mortgage to get to Madrid.

Seen the prices for travel, rooms and tickets in Madrid now though.....?
Madness :crazy:
It's sick that companies do this to their customers. Should be illegal IMHO. Having said that, had I any intention of going to the final, I would have booked flights and accommodation many months ago and then cancelled if things didn't go to plan. Unless of course the prices had already been hiked to the ridiculous, in which case I wouldn't be interested enough to stump up the dough.

It's sick that companies do this to their customers. Should be illegal IMHO. Having said that, had I any intention of going to the final, I would have booked flights and accommodation many months ago and then cancelled if things didn't go to plan. Unless of course the prices had already been hiked to the ridiculous, in which case I wouldn't be interested enough to stump up the dough.

No one is putting a gun to the fans heads to pay it. Yes it's blatant profiteering but only if people are stupid enough to pay it. It does not need a law passing it just needs people to have some common sense.

As you can probably tell I have little sympathy for football and the mad economics that it has engendered.
Being a Villain probably explains much about that:rolleyes:

Ar$enal getting a hiding in the Europa Cup final:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom