The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow...... I did not think the chavs were going to show up lol

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Just watched the Champions League final. Pretty dull game and in some areas Spurs were the better team.
Well done LFC, Come on you Redmen! :D

Well done Liverpool....glad they won something this season as they deserved it more than any other team. They played poorly & still won.

They were there for the taking but Spurs weren't quite good enough to take advantage. Great Champions League to watch this season for sure.

A little disappointing we didn't leave it all out on the pitch...that extra 10% of quality & effort just wasn't quite there.

I'm a Spurs man btw.

Well done Liverpool....glad they won something this season as they deserved it more than any other team. They played poorly & still won.

They were there for the taking but Spurs weren't quite good enough to take advantage. Great Champions League to watch this season for sure.

A little disappointing we didn't leave it all out on the pitch...that extra 10% of quality & effort just wasn't quite there.

I'm a Spurs man btw.
My observations...... Spurs only real chances were from 30 yards out, thats due to excellent defending. I loved it where van dike went 1on1with son....... Van da man showed why his world class.

Unfortunately our attack was not on point, that was because firminho was nowhere near match fit. He makes the other 2 click.

My observations...... Spurs only real chances were from 30 yards out, thats due to excellent defending. I loved it where van dike went 1on1with son....... Van da man showed why his world class.

Unfortunately our attack was not on point, that was because firminho was nowhere near match fit. He makes the other 2 click.

Must have watched a different game to me.....30 yards is a long way out....I didn't see one shot from 30 yards from Spurs.

Stats show Becker made 8 saves vs Loris's 1.

I'm not sure Liverpool had to defend much to be honest. I saw 3 decent performances in Van Dyke, Trent Alexander, Becker and maybe Sane at times. The rest were average to poor on the Liverpool side for me. Salah was disappointing and poor. The penalty wasn't great but went in.

I don't think anyone disagrees that Liverpool were poor. They still won and did the job.

Must have watched a different game to me.....30 yards is a long way out....I didn't see one shot from 30 yards from Spurs.

Stats show Becker made 8 saves vs Loris's 1.

I'm not sure Liverpool had to defend much to be honest. I saw 3 decent performances in Van Dyke, Trent Alexander, Becker and maybe Sane at times. The rest were average to poor on the Liverpool side for me. Salah was disappointing and poor. The penalty wasn't great but went in.

I don't think anyone disagrees that Liverpool were poor. They still won and did the job.
So the spuds were the better team???

Btw im not saying this was show piece football but the better team won.

Btw son..... Eriksson....... Sissoko 30+ yards out.

Eriksson freekik approx 20 yards out........ Class save btw.

Yup I think most agree Spurs were the better team. Just weren't good enough in final third to take advantage.

When the man of the match is the Liverpool keeper I think that says a great deal.

None of this shots looked 30 yards out to me except maybe one of Eriksson's. All the rest were 25 yards and less with many well inside the box. I've played football for 40 years and 30 yards is a fair way out.

All kind of irrelevant really though. The stats are quite damning. Liverpool had only 35% possession against Spurs 65%

Not seen many sides win games with such low possession stats. It is not particularly common.

Wasn't a great game to watch as a Champions League Final spectacle bit the stadium and atmosphere looked and sound fantastic. So much better than lack luster Chelsea/4rsenal Europa League final on Weds.

As a Man U supporter I was gutted, but I'll get over it, in fact I already have. :rolleyes: :D
( But I'll be skipping the first few of the back sports pages this morning. :))

Dreadful game, was more like a friendly.

Be interesting to see how long Poch hangs about - the only way is down from here - gets Spurs to a CL final with zero budget whereas Liverpool go out and spend circa £150m on a keeper and a centre half...

Agreed it wasn't a great game....Liverpool looked tired and leggy....Spurs a little more energy but not much.

Poch has spent a fair bit in his time just no real big ticket players.

Purchased players: 41
Players with fee: 41
Transfer expenditure: £354,933,000
Fee per player: £8,656,902

However they have sold a lot as well so net spend is fairly neutral in last 4 and a bit years.

Since Pochettino's arrival at Tottenham in 2014 Spurs have spent £254million in transfer fees while receiving £225m to leave a net spend of £29m.

Looks like Levy will give him a load of cash to spend in summer though for the first time and it is overdue and needed.

Since Pochettino's arrival at Tottenham in 2014 Spurs have spent £254million in transfer fees while receiving £225m to leave a net spend of £29m.
That, in its own way, kind of proves my point - that gross total is only £100m more than Liverpool spent on just two players!

Levy will have to open the chequebook because if he doesn’t, I can see Poch going to Man U or Real Madrid.

That, in its own way, kind of proves my point - that gross total is only £100m more than Liverpool spent on just two players!

Levy will have to open the chequebook because if he doesn’t, I can see Poch going to Man U or Real Madrid.
Why on gods green earth would poch go to united....... It would be a downward step. The club are in big trouble.

Why on gods green earth would poch go to united....... It would be a downward step. The club are in big trouble.

Solskjaer is my pick to be the first manager out of the door when the new season starts.
Utd are in disarray and he isn't the man to fix it.

Agreed and it shows. The difference in quality of the 2 squads is quite marked. I am a Spurs man btw!

I think Poch will stay and will spend big this summer. I don't see him moving yet....one more season will decide.

We need half a dozen decent players really to stay a solid top 4 team and even think of challenging.

Solskjaer is my pick to be the first manager out of the door when the new season starts.
Utd are in disarray and he isn't the man to fix it.
If I was a betting man I would put my bottom dollar down.

Although I hate to admit it they’re one of the biggest clubs in the world (Spurs ain’t) and I completely agree they’re in trouble with their latest managerial appointment, but they’re not afraid of waving the chequebook about too and if you back yourself like Poch does then I can see it being a possibility.

Agreed and it shows. The difference in quality of the 2 squads is quite marked. I am a Spurs man btw!

I think Poch will stay and will spend big this summer. I don't see him moving yet....one more season will decide.

We need half a dozen decent players really to stay a solid top 4 team and even think of challenging.
I have always had this reservation that Tottenham are better off without kane as they look more fluid???

He'll want reassurances from Levy that a large pot is available. Levy strikes me as a man who will sell any player, Kane included, if the price is right. He isn't a team builder.

Although I hate to admit it they’re one of the biggest clubs in the world (Spurs ain’t) and I completely agree they’re in trouble with their latest managerial appointment, but they’re not afraid of waving the chequebook about too and if you back yourself like Poch does then I can see it being a possibility.
I agree but I just don't see the glazers throwing a blank cheque book at it. If they wanted to they could have given it to Maureen considering he had just signed a new contract at the beginning of last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom