The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why on gods green earth would poch go to united....... It would be a downward step. The club are in big trouble.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
I'm a Utd fan, but I tend to agree, unfortunately. :rolleyes:

I agree but I just don't see the glazers throwing a blank cheque book at it. If they wanted to they could have given it to Maureen considering he had just signed a new contract at the beginning of last season.
Even though it’s probably what they need, I don’t think they’ll throw a blank chequebook at the job but what is steady Man U money blows Spurs out of the water (who I sadly think will become a bit like ****nal; big shiny stadium but always being the bridesmaid.)

One of the biggest clubs in the world but at this moment in time it's the only accolade it holds......... How many top players WANT to come to united????

Even though it’s probably what they need, I don’t think they’ll throw a blank chequebook at the job but what is steady Man U money blows Spurs out of the water (who I sadly think will become a bit like ****nal; big shiny stadium but always being the bridesmaid.)
From my understanding spuds stadium blew the budget out of this world....... Supposed to cost 450mil but cost close to a billion (don't hold me to these numbers) for this reason I don't see poch having anywhere near what he needs to spend. I would be very surprised if he spent 100 million net.

If Spurs don't spend 100m+ this summer I can see Poch going and other players as well and they will go the way 4rsenal have gone.

They are on that knife edge and have a decision to make. Do they want to move on and try to compete or become that selling club and have nice balanced books?

We know in a few months. Local sources to me suggest they will spend pretty big this summer. They need to....question is....will they?

If Spurs don't spend 100m+ this summer I can see Poch going and other players as well and they will go the way 4rsenal have gone.

They are on that knife edge and have a decision to make. Do they want to move on and try to compete or become that selling club and have nice balanced books?

We know in a few months. Local sources to me suggest they will spend pretty big this summer. They need to....question is....will they?
I think tobi is going as his contract runs out???

4 to 5 players spuds need........ Not sure levy can afford that many.

Let's be fair, an average to good player will cost 50mil+.......somehow I don't see levy spending that sort of money.

They spent 42m I think on Sanchez but need to spend the same again twice I reckon on 2 world class players. With a couple of more cost effective signings to bolster.

They spent 42m I think on Sanchez but need to spend the same again twice I reckon on 2 world class players. With a couple of more cost effective signings to bolster.
The million dollar question is........ Will levy open the cheque book??? Its probably covered in cob webbs lol

Well I've just got home. I was at the game, I am a life long spurs fan yes the game was poor niether stepped up to the plate but hey that's football.
When I think where we were to where we are now, our achievements this season have been amazing 4rh in the league CL finalists and the new stadium to boot.
Do I think Poch will stay absolutely I do, he has turned the team around when many pundits wrote our season off.
Well done Liverpool, I have no complaints. I'll be there next season for sure loving the new stadium couldn't wait to get away from Wembley.
I really enjoyed the weekend met some great people no trouble fans from both sides all getting on, the Fanzone had an unreal atmosphere one trip I'll never forget.
As an aside that opening ceremony was brilliant in the flesh, the ground not so good chaos to get in and out not enough stewards fans not knowing where to go, public transport pretty poor especially getting out.

The ticketing situation was a shambles, with lots of fake stuff flying around. We were offered numerous amounts for our two tickets one fella offered us 12k. Do I regret not taking it, not a chance possibly the only time I get to see spurs in a CL final in my lifetime.

Colin

I agree but I just don't see the glazers throwing a blank cheque book at it. If they wanted to they could have given it to Maureen considering he had just signed a new contract at the beginning of last season.

I was listening to a football chat show on BBC radio a few months ago and the pundits suggested that the Glaziers will never spend the sort of money needed to put United back to where they were in 2013 as they don't see the business case for doing so.

Apparently, last summer when they signed only 3 players (and Fred is already looking like a flop - as someone said, they'd have been better off signing Wilma), they signed somewhere in the region of 24 sponsorship deals. The theory is that the owners will spend just enough to qualify for the Champions League (good luck with that) win and a trophy now and again (even if it's the League Cup or the Europa League) as that will preserve the club as a brand and keep the sponsorship money rolling in.

For them, the club is a cash cow and a return to the glory days of the Ferguson era is viewed as an unnecessary expense.

I was listening to a football chat show on BBC radio a few months ago and the pundits suggested that the Glaziers will never spend the sort of money needed to put United back to where they were in 2013 as they don't see the business case for doing so.

Apparently, last summer when they signed only 3 players (and Fred is already looking like a flop - as someone said, they'd have been better off signing Wilma), they signed somewhere in the region of 24 sponsorship deals. The theory is that the owners will spend just enough to qualify for the Champions League (good luck with that) win and a trophy now and again (even if it's the League Cup or the Europa League) as that will preserve the club as a brand and keep the sponsorship money rolling in.

For them, the club is a cash cow and a return to the glory days of the Ferguson era is viewed as an unnecessary expense.
If you look at United in the last few years, it seems about right that they are just trying to keep head above water on the field whilst cashing in off the field.

Like F1, the Americans really don't get 'soccer'. The Glasers just look at the bottom line and couldn't care less about ManUtd the club. They borrowed hundreds of millions to make the purchase, dumped that debt onto Utd's books and have milked the club since.

Something is going wrong in the dressing room at Utd that translates to the pitch and if they don't get that sorted, mid-table obscurity is where they'll sit for some time to come.

Now, what about England's stellar performance against the Nederland yesterday? Woeful defending...

Has anyone been watching our girls in the world Cup. It's been a fantastic performance from The Lionesses, they work so hard and play quality football. Currently leading Norway 3-0 they are as Good as in the semi finals. I'm so proud of them.

Comment from SWMBO - the Lionesses game against Norway was better than the men's game - and in many ways I agree with her. Where was the rolling on the ground trying to buy a free kick? Much more flowing football with far less histrionics. Well done our ladies, England in the semis of a world cup again, lets hope the ladies can do better than the men!!

If you want to talk about football , how about giving three cheers for our girls in the World Cup .No media talk about how good they are .Not even on the forum i am sure they should have recognition for what they have done so far. Come on my little beauties .

The women's football has been very entertaining with some good football played. Refreshingly few histrionics despite the games physical nature which puts to rest the idea its a bit "soft" compared to the men's game. You won't see a better struck goal than Lucy Bronze's third for England last night.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They seem to have the same defensive frailties as the men. Passing back to the keeper without looking who might be in the way. Nearly cost us a goal. Just a lack of concentration. Good win though.

Has anyone been watching our girls in the world Cup. It's been a fantastic performance from The Lionesses, they work so hard and play quality football. Currently leading Norway 3-0 they are as Good as in the semi finals. I'm so proud of them.

I thought this thread was about proper football ?

2BC10D97-E182-4449-BB50-2BD05188580B.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom