The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Legend one of the ELITE in his career

RIP.
Best footballer ever for me.

I can only imagine what sort of money he’d be worth with the support structures that modern players get now...

Hugely talented, but like Michael Schumacher will always be remembered as a cheat.

I'm more put out by the French rugby union star Christophe Dominichi who at age 48 threw himself off a building in Paris. What he must have been going through to do that😦

Edit...........and the best ever for me, was Pele.

Hugely talented, but like Michael Schumacher will always be remembered as a cheat.

I'm more put out by the French rugby union star Christophe Dominichi who at age 48 threw himself off a building in Paris. What he must have been going through to do that😦

Edit...........and the best ever for me, was Pele.

At only 5' 7", Dominici was a giant of the sport in his day. Witness the '99 RU WC semi final:

So sad to hear of his passing at such a tender age.

Maradona? One cheat goal and one legit out of this world goal in the same match ... brilliant, but a career always shrouded in drug controversy which continued until the present day.

Was he better than Messi, a similar player? In my opinion, not.

Pele ... another small player but with an incredible ability to jump higher than he should have been able to. Left foot, right foot and head, he could score at will.

Pele ... another small player but with an incredible ability to jump higher than he should have been able to. Left foot, right foot and head, he could score at will.
As George Best once said “if I’d have been born ugly, you’d have never heard of Pelé” 🤣

Spurs done a job on ****nal tonight .....****nal huffed and puffed but a great goal from Son started it all off . ****nal had most of the possession but possession doesn’t win games a good game to watch for us neutrals that’s why we love the prem

^ Careful, a certain somebody won't like this result. Or being 3 places above the relegation spots in 15th.🥳

Good news is Mourinho wont finish top, I'd support another team if he managed mine. :)

For some reason I honestly hate the guy, I've only ever met him once.

Good game to watch. Your levels of entertainment are very low lol. If that mob end up winning the title playing like that and the style at "HOME" I might add. I give up. No justice at all.

We call Maradona a cheat and gosh, gee wizz he did score that goal with his hand!! SHOCK.... horror, no English\British player would ever dream of deceiving or cheating our referees.. Never happen.

What grieves me is that Maradona was perhaps 'vertically challenged' (meant in a humorous manner) Shilton 6ft, Maradona 5' 5" Absolutely no contest (you would think) Why didn't Shilton simply jump for the ball and either catch the ball, punch the ball or..... Clatter that tiny player?? Instead Shilton was outjumped by feet, not inches. 'Nah, not my fault guv, their player simply out jumped me!!!'

Was it the 'Hand of God' or the wings of an angel?

A truly great player and one that must be rated as one of the best players ever to grace the game.

Attachments

• MaradonaHandofgod.jpg
    MaradonaHandofgod.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 2
We call Maradona a cheat and gosh, gee wizz he did score that goal with his hand!! SHOCK.... horror, no English\British player would ever dream of deceiving or cheating our referees.. Never happen.

What grieves me is that Maradona was perhaps 'vertically challenged' (meant in a humorous manner) Shilton 6ft, Maradona 5' 5" Absolutely no contest (you would think) Why didn't Shilton simply jump for the ball and either catch the ball, punch the ball or..... Clatter that tiny player?? Instead Shilton was outjumped by feet, not inches. 'Nah, not my fault guv, their player simply out jumped me!!!'

Was it the 'Hand of God' or the wings of an angel?

A truly great player and one that must be rated as one of the best players ever to grace the game.
Okay, short-a$$ed cheat!🤣

A joke is funny the first time we read it, but possibly not so funny when we keep repeating it. Alcohol is for some an addictive substance and how many British players were alcoholics whilst still playing? How many British players somehow heard about drug testers coming to their training ground and those players have very quickly left training before being required to take a drug test?

George Best, what a player, was he the best player to ever grace our football league?? Was he called a

' Short assed "Druggy" cheat!

Gascoigne
Short assed "Druggy" cheat!

Rio Ferdinand

Long assed "Druggy" cheat!

The list will possibly be unending and being a Spurs supporter, no way will I mention Jimmy Greaves :)

There should be no place for illegal or so-called recreational drugs in our society and do football clubs have a responsibility to eradicate this type of behaviour? In the military there are random drug tests, should clubs do the same, rather than tip-off their players when tests are due?

Who here when watching replays of that second goal scored by Maradona appreciated that skill, the talent, and the wish that we had a similarly talented player? When watching it live, I just knew the game was lost, that goal destroyed us :( :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom