The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tuchel did it again, put out a weakened side and got beat. Another very poor performance. James in a back three? Leave Chillwell on the bench. Ziyech instead of Havertz. I think those upstairs have made it clear that the CL final is the one they want.

He’d better bloody win it now.

That's a poor excuse, you don't pick and choose cup finals. You got beat fair and square you wasn't good enough.

If City play to there strengths they beat you in the champs final as well. Although you have had the better of them in current meetings.

That's a poor excuse, you don't pick and choose cup finals. You got beat fair and square you wasn't good enough.

If City play to there strengths they beat you in the champs final as well. Although you have had the better of them in current meetings.
For once, I agree with you. Every team should aim to win every game, no matter whether a cup final or a game against the bottom side. They owe it to their supporters.
City, man for man, have a better side than Chelsea, but in a one off final, the winner is never certain.

It was not the best team Chelsea could have put out, but they were beaten by a fantastic goal and I'm not unhappy for Leicester, especially their chairman.
As long as Chelsea finish in the top 4, its been a successful season for Tuchel. He has done well since coming in.

A manager surley puts out his best team to win the Game Infront of him. No way does a manager put out a weakened team in a cup final.

He puts out the team that he believes impressed him in the previous game or the previous day's before the fixture itself. I never have had that opinion that a manager leaves a player he thinks is better on the bench to a player he has chosen or a formation that he has fielded. That would be very stupid indeed.

Leicester, I agree were very worthy winners.

As for top 4, nothing is assured there either. If they lose the champs final I think it will be a rather disappointing finally to the season.

Tuchel did it again, put out a weakened side and got beat. Another very poor performance. James in a back three? Leave Chillwell on the bench. Ziyech instead of Havertz. I think those upstairs have made it clear that the CL final is the one they want.

A manager surley puts out his best team to win the Game Infront of him. No way does a manager put out a weakened team in a cup final.

He puts out the team that he believes impressed him in the previous game or the previous day's before the fixture itself. I never have had that opinion that a manager leaves a player he thinks is better on the bench to a player he has chosen or a formation that he has fielded. That would be very stupid indeed.

Leicester, I agree were very worthy winners.

As for top 4, nothing is assured there either. If they lose the champs final I think it will be a rather disappointing finally to the season.
that’s the point, he didn’t put out his strongest team. Kepa better than Mendy? He played James in a back three - giving Vardy, who’s no been scoring, far too much respect.

Alonso better than Chillwell? Ziyech better than Havertz?

He got it badly wrong.

^ Yep, Tuchel put out a team he thought would be good enough to beat Leicester.
We armchair critics always think we could pick a better side:D

that’s the point, he didn’t put out his strongest team. Kepa better than Mendy? He played James in a back three - giving Vardy, who’s no been scoring, far too much respect.

He got it badly wrong.

Kepa has played all the FA cup games though and was always going to keep his place for the final. Agree some better players in the same positions weren't selected. Chiwell/Alonso, Ziyech/Pulasic or Hudson-Odoi.
Don't know what Abraham has done to upset Tuchel but he didn't even make the matchday squad and he is joint top scorer.

Got to beat Leicester at home midweek and Villa away to ensure CL next season.

He got it badly wrong.

Your saying making them three changes you win!

He got it badly wrong against the Gunners as well then. It's funny how every loss is down to a manger lol.

Your having a bad spell under this man. Be interesting how you react against Leicester in your next game.

Chillwell put the ball in for your offside ecualizer, that was the closet you got to getting anything from the game.

It's all if and buts I'm afraid!!

^ Yep, Tuchel put out a team he thought would be good enough to beat Leicester.
We armchair critics always think we could pick a better side:D

Kepa has played all the FA cup games though and was always going to keep his place for the final. Agree some better players in the same positions weren't selected. Chiwell/Alonso, Ziyech/Pulasic or Hudson-Odoi.
Don't know what Abraham has done to upset Tuchel but he didn't even make the matchday squad and he is joint top scorer.

Got to beat Leicester at home midweek and Villa away to ensure CL next season.
He admitted his mistake against ****nal in the week - 7 changes were made - and he did it again. I know Kepa played all the fa cup games but Mendy is a far better keeper.

It pains me to admit but Liverpool are coming good at the right time and it will be difficult to stop them taking 4th now.

all the hard work Tuchel has done, it now comes down to three crucial games.

Your saying making them three changes you win!

He got it badly wrong against the Gunners as well then. It's funny how every loss is down to a manger lol.

Your having a bad spell under this man. Be interesting how you react against Leicester in your next game.

Chillwell put the ball in for your offside ecualizer, that was the closet you got to getting anything from the game.

It's all if and buts I'm afraid!!
Did you see the ****nal game? Tuchel made 7 changes for that game and we were woeful. Tuchel took full responsibility for the result.

some changes have been forced by injury - jorghino would be lucky to be playing Sunday league but Kovacic who has been brilliant has been out injured.

jmho

Did you see the ****nal game? Tuchel made 7 changes for that game and we were woeful. Tuchel took full responsibility for the result.

some changes have been forced by injury - jorghino would be lucky to be playing Sunday league but Kovacic who has been brilliant has been out injured.

jmho

Did you see the A R S E N A L game?

Filed what team you have to and a team that a manger feels is correct to win that game. Excuses excuses, I'm afraid you weren't good enough in either of your last games. I don't see why you are trying to paper over the cracks. YOU WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH. Accept it and move on.

I forgot your the only team that has injuries 😂😂

Interesting game on tuesday Chelsea have to beat Leicester ,so there can be no fielding a weakened team,and all that when they tried a weak side against them in the FA cup,a big mistake,Leicester are a good side thats all,they do what they do,look for goals from Vardy on the shoulder of the last defender,they can be beaten ,but not with 5 changes to winning line up.

Interesting game on tuesday Chelsea have to beat Leicester ,so there can be no fielding a weakened team,and all that when they tried a weak side against them in the FA cup,a big mistake,Leicester are a good side thats all,they do what they do,look for goals from Vardy on the shoulder of the last defender,they can be beaten ,but not with 5 changes to winning line up.

Weakened team baloney lol.

Will he FIELD his so called " strong" team, what happens then if they get beat 😂😂😂😂😂.

Oh, we had two key players out, as played the last two games lol.

250million of excuses. More than laughable 😂😂😂😂

Some dreadful scenes in Glasgow on Saturday by "so called" football fans. :mad:

Absolutely disgusting.

So where’s Harry Kane going to end up ? My money would be on Man City

So where’s Harry Kane going to end up ? My money would be on Man City
City don’t play with an out and out striker so maybe not, Chelsea need a decent centre forward and have the money, not sure Spurs would want to sell him to them though.

Yep, massive games coming up. Fingers crossed.

City don’t play with an out and out striker so maybe not, Chelsea need a decent centre forward and have the money, not sure Spurs would want to sell him to them though.
I agree. I think he’s a great fit for Chelski but I don’t see it happening.

Well with regard Kane a bit late for Chelsea to say can we buy Kane after many years of not selling players to Spurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom