The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know they’re a great side but my god they’re dirty b#%tards!!! 🤬
I'm just waiting for Italy to try breaking some ankles of English penalty takers near the end of extra time. Such fouling it's a sight to behold.

But England seem to be playing to win a free kick where they can, Italy are fine to give them away as part of the game play to stop a run.

So, it's coming home, eh!?

Here we go. Let’s have a good few pages of slating our own boys eh?

😑

The team with the most ambition after 20:03 won the game

Nah.

Italy were just a bit better and more ruthless. And luckier.

England held them. And at the end just a little bit less lucky,

Though I would ask if they practice penalties? The team should be drilled absolutely given the history. No messing about. Drill the team to put them in hard to the corner so they can do it with their eyes shut - and either they go in or miss - but the goalkeeper never gets to them.

Oh well😔 Decent start but Italy had far more chances to finish it in normal time.
Late subs didn't work and hard not to feel for young Sancho and Sako.
A lot of responsibility put on young shoulders with far more experienced players not stepping up.

World Cup next year isn't it:cool:

Here we go. Let’s have a good few pages of slating our own boys eh?

😑
Tactical naivity at the final hurdle. A few people need to go see Alan Shearer to learn how to take penalties. Pickford star player for the squad.

I have to confess that I’m not bothered about broken Italian hearts.
Yep you don't need to be bothered about broken Italian hearts..

Unfortunately the BLM campaign is finito.. feel for the 3 lads who missed their penalties.. but it really was men against boys!

Grealish over Mount all day. No idea why Mount was left on for so long and he left Grealish on the bench. That was mistake. He needed to make a change or/and push the team up the pitch before Italy scored the equaliser, that goal was always coming. Kane's looked unfit this tournament, didn't have any legs.

Penalty taker selections were baffling as well. You've got Henderson, Sterling, Grealish, Shaw, Walker and Stones...all experienced "men", but you leave it up to Rashford, Sancho and Saka, and put on Rashford and Sancho cold with one minute to go with no time to get into the game or get confidence. Baffling selections.

I agree, great tournament for England just fell at the final hurdle. Southgate had usually got it spot on, not quite there for this one.

I too thought that we had been well prepared for pens? Baffling selection and really poor pens especially from Rashford. He took an age to take it and was clearly a bag of nerves.

Italy edged it and deserved it on balance.

well done England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Bit quiet in here this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom