The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bra Vs Ger live now.

AFAI can see alcohol played a very large part in the disgraceful hooliganism & violence we saw at Wembley.

I think the FA should ban alcohol sales inside Wembley & cancel all alcohol sponsorship/advertising. The police should be given the power to make a 2 or 3 mile alcohol exclusion zone around Wembley & ban the sale, consumption or possession in public of alcohol for 24 hrs. before & after any international game. Anyone obviously under the influence should be Section 35'ed & dealt with if they ignore it.

I understand some of these things I'm advocating are harder to enforce than others.

I went up to Wembley way at 4.00 on the day of the final and there were a lot of lagered up people. Mostly in high spirits (like the guys in knights outfits that gave me a couple of spare beers) but some who were trollied and there for trouble.

As a mate of mine pointed out, it was a bit like being at Carnival in that respect. And it should have policed in the same way. They should have sealed off Wembley Way and had ticket scanners to prevent anyone bar the real fans going any further.

People had been storming the place since the Scotland game. None of this was new. It was a final and one at 8.00 (to suite the US.....).

What could possibly go wrong......?

So the 2021/22 football season started tonight.

Well done Brentford. Beat Ar$enal 2 - 0.
Brilliant.

Don't know if Ar$enal underestimated Brentford, but I hardly recognised the side they put out.
Brentford top of the table. Ar$enal bottom 😂😂

Was a really good game. Brentford won near almost every second ball, they played to their strengths, first goal was kind of against the run if play, but very well taken. The second goal was a clear foul on the goal keeper. The player had both arms around the keeper. Could say the goalie should be stronger but he was being held. A r s e n a l did did play and create some decent chances. Just didn't have a recognised striker available. Balagan is a young lad learning his trade.

Fair play to Brentford they made it difficult and were hungry and didn't stop working. I hope they put up a similar performance against the likes of the chavs and the dippers and the Manx.

Welcome to the prem Brentford, 👏

So the 2021/22 football season started tonight.

Well done Brentford. Beat Ar$enal 2 - 0.
Brilliant.

Don't know if Ar$enal underestimated Brentford, but I hardly recognised the side they put out.
Brentford top of the table. Ar$enal bottom 😂😂

Correction; the premier league may have only started yesterday but the rest of the leagues started a week ago.

By last Wednesday I'd already been to see QPR play Milwall at home in the league and Orient away in the cup.

Yesterday QPR beat Hull 3-0 away. Didn't go to that and certainly won't be going to Boro away but will be there later this month to see them play Barsnsley at home in the league and Oxford in the cup.

There's a lot more to football life than the prem.

Brentford...Just a Bus Stop in Hounslow....QPHaHaHa
That song does make me laugh. But it's just a joke. All the QPR fans I know admire how Brentford have been run over the last decade. It's a model of how to do it properly. Good luck in the prem.

Terrible play by united today but glad of the points.
Totally agree, if we've got aspirations of the the title, we need to play a lot better than that, and be beating the likes of Southampton, we will see if Ronaldo makes a difference.

Screenshot_20210829-205253.pngScreenshot_20210829-205253.png

Shocking how the goal stood, considering the leg braking tackle that was not given 🤦🤦. No consistency at all.

A R S E N A L have had a torrid start to the season, I can take it on the chin I'm a grown man. I don't have to throw little childish digs about. I think Arteta was the wrong appointment from day one but I'll back anyone of give them a chance at the club I support. I don't think he has the experience to get us out and through the other side of this downward spiral we have been on. On the other hand what manager with a known pedigree would take such a job on.

Football is a strange game. It wouldn't surprise me if A R S E N A L come out of this mess after the international break. But could also get worse. We will see.

Consistency would be nice though. If the above isn't a foul, then there's not much hope anymore. How has VAR missed that. He must be wearing a man u top in the var studio. 🤦🤦🤦👎👎👎

People forget Wenger inherited THE A R S E N A L back 5. GG drilled the best back 5 this country has ever seen, defensively as strong a unit in English football. As good as Wenger's team were in the later days, defensively they were weak. We are as a club still paying the penalties for. I am a big Wenger fan. But he did let the defence slowly deteariate overtime. If they go back to basics with clearing a ball from a cross which should be eat and drink for any cb then we could keep the score Down at least 🤣🤣. Seriously citeea look as strong as ever yet again, they for me are the team to stop. And play the best football.

Last edited:
Have to say from that pic, it does look bad, but it wasn't given, and the goal stood, end of, and as a Man U fan, I'll take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom