The Football Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just reading he has been sacked. Poor decision IMO.
The man deserved better, although the £8m compensation will help financially.
Nothing on Sky Sports other than he has taken training this morning, who knows?

Understand Newcastle are dropping the 'Magpies' nickname. The Butchers & the Dismemberers are running head to head for the new name.

What's black & white & red all over?

Newcastle's new strip.

Boom Boom!

Last edited:
Chelski...You were so lucky at Brentford yesterday...still we were lucky at Wet Spam...what goes around comes around

LFC Kings -

1634678353282.png

Finally, Steve Bruce exits Newcastle.
I guess a change had to be made considering the results, but I wonder what would have transpired if he had been financially backed in the transfer market by Mile Ashley?
I believe Newcastle's problems lie at his door, even though he has sold out and pocketed £millions

I guess a change had to be made considering the results, but I wonder what would have transpired if he had been financially backed in the transfer market by Mile Ashley?
I believe Newcastle's problems lie at his door, even though he has sold out and pocketed £millions
Bruce was backed with more transfer money than any other manager under Ashley, Newcastle have won 7 of the last 38 games. No manager can or should keep their job with numbers like that.

Bruce was backed with more transfer money than any other manager under Ashley, Newcastle have won 7 of the last 38 games. No manager can or should keep their job with numbers like that.
I don't disagree. It's a very poor return that has relegation written all over it.
But how many of those signings were Steve Bruce players? Benitez didn't get a say in who the club signed and I doubt much changed when Bruce took over.
Lots of speculation over who takes over. The club will still find it difficult to sign top class players with relegation very much possible.

Seems to be a lot of public sympathy for Bruce with fingers pointed towards the fans, this sums his time up nicely

Attachments

• 62584ba5e9f7a1a4ae407df50e1b72a0.jpg
    62584ba5e9f7a1a4ae407df50e1b72a0.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 6
^ Utd are an embarrassing shambles.
Solskjaer has to go. A CL spot already looking slim.

It's not just him. The whole heirarchy looks a bit cobbled together to me. And as for the absent owners forcing Ronaldo on the team, that was an idiotic thing to do.

They spend 2 years chasing Sancho, end up paying way over the odds then sign Action Man for billions, bench Sancho and change the shape of the team.

Utter madness.

Did Liverpool play today? I’m yet to see a plethora of YNWA etc comments today wherever I look on the internet 🤭

Graham Potter is still a very underrated coach.

Did Liverpool play today? I’m yet to see a plethora of YNWA etc comments today wherever I look on the internet 🤭

Graham Potter is still a very underrated coach.
Potter's a great coach. Apart from everything else, he keeps taking points off Klopp.

Looks like my super Brentford are suffering a bit
Not your usual performance yesterday I thought but they have shown plenty to think you will have an enjoyable season and stay in the division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom