The forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
So this evening a member of the forum who has been here a while decided it was prudent to launch a person attack on myself, search for me on Facebook, post a cringy photo of me (one from 2001 when I was 21, intoxicated & at 5am after a Rave :D) and goto the trouble of signing up to a temporary email host, fill in an account on there, sign up on here and call me multiple insults.

Searching for me on Facebook? really? really?

In the past week I have commented that the admin team have thought about the closure of the OT section due to the toxic content which we are seeing more and more, this hasnt been set in stone. this prompted a thread and a poll which I removed. Another long term member decided to post a screenshot of the said threads not once but twice after they have been removed. This has let to a 'week in the cooler.' for the member in question.

This forum is 100% free for all members and we ask nothing in return for its hosting costs except to simply abide by our rules. the rules of Koolvin & Myself who run this forum. Use of this forum is not a given right, it is not a free public service.

If any of you feel like you are unhappy with the rules we set in place, by all means get in touch. however nothing is forcing you to stay here if you are that unhappy with the place. we welcome all members to the site, both long standing members aswell as new members but just play by our rules.

However if any of you think that the abuse towards any member, such as what I've received tonight is acceptable then you are no longer welcome. leave, there are plenty of sites out there where you can chat to your hearts content. This will not be tolerated here.

Initially I removed these threads, however I would like all to see what anger a grown adult who has never met me has towards me OVER A FORUM! - its not your local pub, its not your place of work but its free website. reality check, seriously! Wow.

Yours
Khz
PS, Mark, I no longer live with my folks, I moved out nearly 20 years ago and miss the home cooking however.

upload_2018-10-23_0-11-37.png

upload_2018-10-23_0-12-21.png

Last edited:
A forum member (who became a good friend) once said to me that kicking off on a forum is just like throwing a pebble in water; there are ripples at first, everyone see it, then the water settles again and everything carries on as before.

Having been on the forum for eight years now, I’ve seen all types come and go and those that really “go” tend to have the same modus operandi; prolific poster (mostly in OT), they get called out on it, then get all uppity that someone’s had the temerity to question the depth of their posting, and finally go down in a blaze of glory usually consisting of something like the above. It actually used to happen more often in the past (the going down in a blaze of glory but that is)

I’ll give him his dues though, that forum name is a lot more inventive than his original! (How did he get that through the filter or is there no filter on usernames?)

Things like this always leave me confused. Akin to when people complain about the content of TV but continue to watch said content! I don't agree with all comments on the forum or peoples view/opinions for that matter, so I don't comment if I feel as though I have nothing of value to add.
In the same vain I don't take it as a personal insult if someone disagrees with my POV on a particular subject.
To go to the effort of doing what the (ex) forum member has done, says more about them than it does about the recipient.

It genuinely is not rocket science, if you don't like it, don't take part o_O

Back in the day I was on many forums associated with the vehicles I drove, Porsche ones, Ducati ones. Friesian horses.
I left them all as I got fed up with folk airing their dirty washing in public.
I tentatively joined this one after nearly a year of just looking from the outside.
It seems nothing has changed and I guess it's naive of me to think otherwise.
Tbh I'm not interested in reading posts where one is slagging off the other.
So far I'm enjoying my visits to the site and post things I enjoy and others might also. That's it and should be it for all. I respect opinions differ from mine, that's what makes us unique individuals.
... Ok that's my 2 penny's worth.
Edd

Reactions: GLK
Interesting, that's another banned member from my Ignore list ... makes it five out of 57 :)

You have 57 people on your ignore list?!?!

Why? What have they (with so many, maybe, what have I!) done to earn that?

Khz,

Seems this forum is attaining an level of importance in your life it just doesn't merit. Maybe time to step back a bit?

^^^^ That's meant kindly BTW, not having a go.

Interesting, that's another banned member from my Ignore list ... makes it five out of 57 :)

must be a lonely place for you ? do you ever click on the red writing .

Out of interest.... how can I tell if I am on anyone's ignore list?

Sounds a bit creepy!

Whoever runs a forum sets the rules and members who join read the rules and are deemed to accept them. Simple enough.

However, everyone is human and things can be overlooked. Input and suggestions on what might improve the forum are/should be welcome (not necessarily implemented) as they could bring up some fresh ideas.

I don't think banning Happytalk was the answer, a warning not to post again (I know it was deleted) would have been sufficient imo but then I don't run the place.

Personally Karl, you are the only one here most of the time and therefore the workload is all on your shoulders. This in itself doesn't help and you are the good guy and the bad guy. Now, no one becomes Admin on a site and tbh it is not needed. However, how about a mod or two? You could even assign them to just moderate a couple of forums and that way you don't need to worry about them. If you left the OT section and maybe General for someone to look after, it may help things all around.

I have never understood the sort of behaviour some display online which is why i turned facebook off years ago something my better half done recently and is happier for it.

I have grown very fond of this forum in particular due to the level of help and experience given to even the most mudane question like our favorites "which oil?" and "black car which wax?" :rolleyes:.

A few things stick in my mind since returning a little over a year ago are like when a forum member offered to donate a spare car to another member when his was off the road or when a member passed away the sheer level of support that was shown is astounding and people travel the length of the country to attend his funeral. I think these ideals are the essence of what this forum is here for, to share experience and knowledge to help make the troubles of car ownership a bit easier which this forum has done for me.

I do wonder if some get a bit comfortable and relaxed with what they post and feel that the OT section is good because lets face it our cars can't always break down or need work doing to them all the time if they did i don't think anyone would buy a Merc.

Not to seem like a kiss ar*e but i'd like to thank the Administration as if this forum wasn't here i wouldn't have had the advice in getting my car repaired in the first three weeks of owning it and would probably have lost interest in detailing and keeping it pristine. I'm am on Detailing world but i prefer to use this site as it's easier and more fuctional for me to use whereas detailing world come across like using "read me" file.

So thank you to the admin and thank you to those that have helped and to those that run project threads who inspire us to keep going and show us what can be acheived.

I guess that's forums and the internet in general at times. Quite a few times on Pistonheads I've had a comment/post I've made taken completely out of context just for the the individual replying to achieve a bit of cheap point scoring. I rarely bother replying but have in the back of my mind the low brow individual doing a fist pump and saying to himself 'yea I really stuck it to the man' or at least that's how I see it.
Or as I did reply once the individual is incapable of understanding more than one simple sentence.

Not playing silly buggers here but did patagonian get banned too, he just dropped me a line to say he was but it isn't showing on his posts...? Was it by accident, or just a techo hitch ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom