The Germans are coming!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Practice 2 in Bahrain

1 Nico Rosberg Mercedes GP 1m 55.409s

2.Lewis Hamilton McLaren Racing 1m 55.854s

3. Michael Schumacher Mercedes GP 1m 55.903s

4.Jenson Button McLaren Racing 1m 56.076s.

The germans are coming! Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website

does anyone have a link to the key rules in 2010?

As far as I gather:

no refuelling
must use both tyre compounds during race
no KERS
double diffusers OK

any changes to qualifying?

KERS still allowed.

Thinner front tyres.

Longer bodies due to larger fuel tanks which changes the aerodynamics somewhat.

Major change in points. 25 for 1st, 18 for 2nd, 15 for 3rd, and, er I lost track after that.

but is anyone using it?

no. voluntary removal as McLarens worked! full ban 2011 to coincide with double diffuser ban.

Qualifying rules have changed. 3rd session is on light fuel, however the top 10 cars must start the race on the qualifying set of tyres, whereas the rest can bolt some new ones on.......which will not benefit anyone in anyway at all! you'll see!

Either they will run very light on the last quali lap, so it doesn't take much out of the tyres for 3 laps, or they will hammer the quali setting lap 5mins before the end, shove on some new tyres and pootle round.....

then all cars start the race with 240ltrs of so of fuel......how is having brand new tyres goping to help against a faster car, with a set of scrubbed tyres......you have seen in the past they often started cars with a used set.

ho-hum!

I really hope some of the drivers and teams have been watching the old races when Senna and Mansell used to take a slightly conservative race for the first 3rd, then come alive.......the old Mansell charge when he was in Ferrari was really good. Mind you, the V12's used to eat fuel like there was no tommorrow.

Shuey is right on the pace already,

Hopefully some fantastic racing ahead with less politics this year:rolleyes:

Shame about Button. I am sure he will do well in the race.

With the heavy fuel load and his smooth driving style this may see him putting in fast laps towards the end of his tyre stints.....fingers crossed.

Also with the new teams so far off the pace, at least they'll be plenty of over taking, even if it is lapping ;)

I can't remember such a large spread in time from 1st to 10th In qualifying.

This is going to be a really interesting season. It seems Mclaren still haven't quite got it right but to still be where they are having not got it right is a good start.

I'm looking forward to a season of variying winners and not a procession.

Rosberg impresses me imensly. Completely unfased by having the shuey next to him.

I've been trying to find onforamtion on who's on what tyres. Anyone happen to know if they are all on softs?

I figure we'll see a huge range of strategies. I'm wondering of Sutil has qualified on hards to run the best tyres on the heaviest weight, hopefully hold station until all the other cars are forced onto softs, then run long and pick up time.

Sutil is my dark horse for the race.

Do the drivers from 11th upwards have to start on their qualifying tyres or do they get free pick? If they do, that gives a huge advantage to being 11th or 12th if the best you could realistically make it 9th or 10th on genuine pace.

I just hope it's not a boring race.....

Last edited:
I can't remember such a large spread in time from 1st to 10th In qualifying.

This is going to be a really interesting season. It seems Mclaren still haven't quite got it right but to still be where they are having not got it right is a good start.

I'm looking forward to a season of variying winners and not a procession.

Rosberg impresses me immensely. Completely un-phased by having the Schuey next to him.

I've been trying to find information on who's on what tyres. Anyone happen to know if they are all on softs?

I just hope it's not a boring race.....

Consensus was they were almost all on the softer tyre to get good qualifying times- this means they will all have to pit early. HOWEVER --- Williams' Rubens Barrichello is on the harder compound so will be able to stay out much longer. It all kicks off this morning at 11-10 am on BBC 1 http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rgqs5/Formula_1_2010_The_Bahrain_Grand_Prix/

Didn't see the race but seeing as the finishing order was not disimilar to the grid (apart from Vettel), it sounds like it was a bit of a procession.

Didn't see the race but seeing as the finishing order was not disimilar to the grid (apart from Vettel), it sounds like it was a bit of a procession.

Very dull race. Can only get better really

I wonder if weight penalties, like Touring cars, would offer some excitment to F1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom