The Good Old Days of Service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastcar155

MB Enthusiast
Car
A fast car
Hi , should I have to keeping telephoning Mercedes to book my car in for a service ?

I have used this franchise for years.

Time for a change !

Kia have a pretty good reputation ..

Hi , should I have to keeping telephoning Mercedes to book my car in for a service ?

Time for a change !

You can book a service online, or via the Mercedes me app (if you have it on your phone).

I never had an issue with my MB dealership, they were very accommodating and supportive.
But I have to say my Lexus dealership is on a totally different level, truly personal service, just so much more attentive. OK they will have a smaller customer base but even so, very good all round. Highly recommended.

I never had an issue with my MB dealership, they were very accommodating and supportive.
But I have to say my Lexus dealership is on a totally different level, truly personal service, just so much more attentive. OK they will have a smaller customer base but even so, very good all round. Highly recommended.
A couple days ago I was buying parts from Listers Toyota /Lexus of Cheltenham for a gray market import Toyota Hi Ace from Japan.
As I was ordering parts I was looking over their web site looking/ scrolling at the shop from the roadside.
Then in passing the part guy Paul asks how's the Lexus dealer near rear you?
Paul this is mine around the corner:-

Exclamation
BLOODY HELL !!!

And you are lucky to get a chocolate donut here! :cool: :p

Tuercas viejas

Last edited:
Hi , it's really strange about the service not being provided because in the past they have been extremely good.

The service on my car has been excellent , the dealer principal returns my calls quickly but I object to keep telephoning having to try to get my car booked in to the service department.

As suggested, use the online booking form?

I really hate dealers transferring you to a call centre for service bookings, especially when the staff are handling multiple franchises and are a) clueless b) even more clueless on the specifics of the marque you're calling about and c) are clearly incentivised to upsell you and get arsy when you won't agree to whatever nonsense they're trying to flog you.

I'm sure dealer group bean-counters think call-centres are a good idea but I wonder how much business it costs them?

I must have gone to MK Lexus dealer on a bad day then. (Mind you they weren’t the supplying dealer, which might have been part of the reason...)

I had a Kia for 5 years, serviced at Humming Bird Kia in Colindale (North London). They were mostly fine, albeit with a few annoying hick-ups. But if I have another Kia I would use them again.

not sure why its so difficult to use a phone? At least you might get to speak to a human being??

Time for a change !
Have they answered the phone yet slim?

Have they answered the phone yet slim?
Hi , nooooooooo.

If Mercedes Benz company policy one call back to the customer that's not a problem , but when I was a sales person I wanted the order and kept trying to contact the customer.

Even if order placed elsewhere I kept in contact.

It's quite amazing how many orders can be retrieved

Arnold Clark, maybe?

Ernie
No they were Dicksons, I use Arnold Clark Mercedes in Inverness and dont have any problems with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom