The good, the bad and the ugly.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BEJ

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 VW Passat GT estate. SLK- now gone 2010 Hyundai I 10.
The Good. My SLK has just passed the MOT again, with no advisories. £ 10.00 - hows that for value, courtesy of Tony Purslow of Guildford.

The Bad. Reversing into my garage, I caught the wing mirror on the garage door arms, pulling the door down onto the bonnet.

The Ugly. Two dents and two scrapes on the bonnet.

:doh::dk::doh::dk::doh::dk:

I feel for you fella - I'd be horrified :(.

Only bad and ugly from me I'm afraid - Being a total cynic - well nearly - I am always very wary of these £10 MOTs from companies whose labour rates can only be compared with the national debt - As if anything wrong is found they are, of course, only too willing to fix the problem at cost that makes telephone numbers look small, just my sad view on life, but I'm happy in my misery!!

Last edited:
Brian, bad luck. I can only imagine how much you're kicking yourself. Hope you get it all fixed up - at least it flew through the MOT.

Cheers,

Gaz

Only bad and ugly from me I'm afraid - Being a total cynic - well nearly - I am always very wary of these £10 MOTs from companies whose labour rates can only be compared with the national debt - As if anything wrong is found they are, of course, only too willing to fix the problem at cost that makes telephone numbers look small, just my sad view on life, but I'm happy in my misery!!

M-B Guildford (Tony Purslow) aren't like that. This year was the first time in 9 years I'd got an advisory ... and they happily gave me a free re-test after I'd taken the car somewhere else to have it rectified. And their MOTs were free until last year (when they went up to £10)!

I paid £125 there for a basic service on the SL last year, with me supplying the oil. That's with 40% labour discount plus 10% off parts (because of the age of the car). Full B service this year (with plugs, air/fuel/oil filters, brake fluid change, etc.) was just over £500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom