The gospel of the colour is spreading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kinky

MB Enthusiast
Car
All sorts of odds n sods
Looks like the colour gospel is spreading, which I can only put down to the quality work of our very own Lord Walker III :bannana:

[Taken from Pistonheads]

What is it with all these Silver / Grey BORING cars!

I counted 100+ on the M4 yesterday between J12 and J13 whilst going the other way last night. Same thing this morning.

Why buy a silver car? Please explain as I don't get it.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=125782&f=23&h=0

Excellent news!

Deffo tooooo many silver cars about. We know yer cars' made of metal, no need to paint it the same colour.

( I'd make an exception for an Aston Martin DB5/6/7/9....Vanquish....Vantage...etc etc with black leather)

That doesn't make me a Colour Traitor does it? I mean, an Aston ..... :cool:

Kinky said:
What is it with all these Silver / Grey BORING cars!
It only confirms what WE knew all along. :D :D

PS The link to the Timesonline paint article was interesting. And amusing!
Park your car in the shade (one colour), return to vehicle in sunlight (different colour). :eek:

Mr K cur. Just read your post. Si...Sil...Dull Chrome? Common as muck nowerdays. Shows no style and little imagination. Well I guess I am going to get flamed now :D

Be an individual and get a color :rolleyes:

<Edit> no offence intended, after all they are all Mercedes

Praise be the Lord Walker III :rock:

:crazy:

There's nowt wrong with SILVER!! :mad:

If the colour Silver isnt bland, does it mean the driver is? I'm now going to hide from Pammy's reply..... be gentle with me!

You can picture all of the Lemmings arriving at the edge of a cliff and parking all of thier SILVER cars, and then rushing to jump off the cliff .............. "Silver car" .... "Lemming mentality". Now I've got to hide from a few more people. Dont hit me at the gtg cos I bleed easily.

...good job this thread is in the correct section !!!

At least we're secure and happy with our colour choice - have no hangups about it!! :p

..if this thread had been started 6 years ago then I think the results might have been in exactly the opposite direction. Zillions of years ago in the days before metallic paint, signal red was a very popular colour. Being fashionable or exclusive is a very transient thing. Owning a mercedes used to be something special too, but there's so many of the mabout these days compared to 20 years ago. Now I'm off to find a secure hiding place...
Rgds
Les

DITTRICH said:
..if this thread had been started 6 years ago then I think the results might have been in exactly the opposite direction. Zillions of years ago in the days before metallic paint, signal red was a very popular colour. Being fashionable or exclusive is a very transient thing. Owning a mercedes used to be something special too, but there's so many of the mabout these days compared to 20 years ago. Now I'm off to find a secure hiding place...
Rgds
Les
How about 36 years ago ? I remember seeing MK2 Ford Cortinas in "Silver Fox", the paint peeled off. Nearest thing to having sunburnt flake skin on a car.
Being fashionable also means your the first to be old fashioned.
Old fashioned is different to Classic.
I think owning a Mercedes is still special, and there are so many of them about because they are lasting longer. ( Do we just notice them because we've got them?)
My W124 is the oldest car I've ever bought/owned and no plans to change it for a while.

Looks back to top of thread to remind myself of who started all this up again....oh yes, I remember now.

One other thing about Brilliant Silver.

Repeat after me.

Portzy - dont - see - swirls - :p ;)

Is there something about the resale value.. dont they sell better!

SIlver threads among the gold.

Of course, one good thing is, as you get older,your hair will begin to match your car :D (E220cdi in dark metallic blue) ;)

fido said:
Of course, one good thing is, as you get older,your hair will begin to match your car :D (E220cdi in dark metallic blue) ;)

now that IS fighting talk - but at least it's a natural progression. You'd have to have a blue rinse - then bring on the pearls and tweed jackets :p

Personally - I find silver much more amenable and forgiving to matching whatever outfit I happen to be wearing - the other colours just give too much risk of a clash :D

Plus - my silver grille would just look plain silly on any other colour :D

Silver.... it is said does not show the dirt as a darler colour would, so does it therefore mean buy a silver car cos you are too lazy to clean your car. This is just a question, I'm not baiting anyone (as if). And have you noticed how most hairdriers are silver. Can I book a perm for the gtg?????????

Pietre said:
Can I book a perm for the gtg?????????

you already have done :devil: not saying a perm what though :p :devil:

and no I didn't choose silver to save time on cleaning - although it helps :D I actually quite like washing my car - an added bonus of it being ickle :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom