The Grand Tour - will you be watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
Obviously, if you've already got Amazon Prime, it's a bit of a no brainer, unless you have some kind of antipathy towards Jeremy Clarkson (I realise he's not everyone's cup of tea).

I don't have Prime, and I've been debating whether to spring for it as I'm really quite keen to see the new series. But, and it's quite a big but, I've managed fine without Prime up till now. I only buy a handful of things from Amazon, so I wouldn't really benefit from the free next day delivery (most stuff turns up in 2-3 days anyway with the regular free service). I know you get extra telly type stuff with Prime, but I'm not really into telly that much anyway - Freeview and the NowTV box at £7/month are more than enough. And the NowTV box is drinking in the last chance saloon, now I come to think of it.

So, given that I'd have to buy a FireTV stick (no point in watching it unless it's on the big telly) and paying out for a subscription - albeit they've dropped the price by £20 to try and draw people in - I'm still looking at nearly a ton just to watch a TV series. When you look at it like that, it doesn't make sense at all. I guess I'm just going to have to sit tight and I'm sure the DVD will be out in due course..

Cheers,

Gaz

I'm not so sure. They would really be undermining the subscription model. I think it will be some time before it's out...

I wasn't interested until I saw a recent interview with Carlson where he discussed his issues and the new series.

Not sure I will be paying to watch it though.

Not got prime, not getting it. Not worth it for one programme. DVD will be out next Christmas...

I don't have prime but I shall be watching it week in week out

REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
£59 for a year's prime at the moment.
GT plus a years worth of free next day, probably worth the cost of a pint a month so I reckon I'm gonna go for it.
Like others said, it will be quite some time before they put a DVD out with this on, if ever, given that they've paid so much to get exclusive content.
I realise there are plenty of other ways to get this free, but to save 50 quid it's not really worth the hassle imho.

Yes I have Prime and yes I will be watching it. I order enough junk through Prime to warrant the subscription fees.

If you are really tight you could either

1. Sign up to a new 'free trial' every month with a new email or use the '.' email trick
2. Sign up for an NUS Extra card and get it free for 6 months and then half price

Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
gaz_l said:
Yeah, I could do, but it'd mean watching it on the 'puter or iPad. Not really the big screen experience I was hoping for.. Cheers, Gaz

If you have a Xbox etc you can watch it on your Tv.

I had no intention of paying for Prime just to watch it, as I rarely need next day delivery as very little is that urgent, but then I discovered an account at work which does have Prime so I will be watching!

Amazon have Prime discounted to £59 ATM - at least they did an hour or so back when I was on their site looking at their 2pre black friday" deals.

So, given that I'd have to buy a FireTV stick (no point in watching it unless it's on the big telly) and paying out for a subscription

Depends .... If you have a 'Smart TV' you will not need a Fire TV Stick, connect straight to Amazon Prime through the TV. I have decided to go for Amazon Prime deal of £59 (I have spent an awful lot more money on lesser things in the past, to be honest ....!) mainly to watch Clarkson/Hammond/May, although I do use Amazon too at times.

I have one of those Sony Smart/HD/WiFi/Freeview type TV's, after paying for my Amazon Prime subscription online, I connected to Amazon via my Sony TV and my 'device' (Sony TV) was automatically registered with Amazon, after putting in my password, ready for viewing etc.

I'm ready to go!! :thumb:

Will watch an episode to see what it's like but not exactly sleepless waiting for it! My other half got Prime by accident and we've watched the odd thing on it. Not worth the money IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom