The Grand Tour - will you be watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Perhaps the BBC's actions should really be viewed in a post Saville, post Harris climate. While obviously not in the same league suppose they had tried to cover the Clarkson affair up and the incident had come out later. The BBC ---damned if they do-- damned if they don't.
According to reports this was not an isolated incident. Personally I think it occurred because J C was chasing his own personal demons at the time- as hinted at in this interview. Perhaps he still is?

Jeremy Clarkson: Top Gear problems got 'bigger and bigger' - BBC News

If I did smack someone however, I would rightly expect to be sacked and not be able to work there again.

If I was judging an altercation between two staff I'd be grading the level of fracas and the degree of remedy and using sacking as a last resort.

The problem with the PC brigade is that things become absolute and binary.

Who cares!

He did what he did, they did what they did, their loss, our gain.

Rather than holding an inquest I'm just going go enjoy the new shows!!

I was under the impression they refused to renew his contract? Is that the same as being fired? And 3 pages on how to watch it....Its £59 a year £1.13 a week... come on guys live a little!

Tony.

Guys seriously, are you trying to get the forum shut down?

We cannot have links on here to pirated software/TV shows/Music.

All links removed, please do not post any further links. They are in breach of Copyright laws and can get this place closed down.

Last edited:
Finally watched it. The opening was hilarious and the message very clear.

The desert drive was great and I enjoyed the whole show.:thumb:

I was under the impression they refused to renew his contract? Is that the same as being fired? And 3 pages on how to watch it....Its £59 a year £1.13 a week... come on guys live a little!

Tony.

I have to say I was surprised as well. 59 quid for a whole year is very affordable even if it was for GT alone. Most people spend way more than that a month on beer that they will piss out in a couple of hours.

So all the talk about catching low quality pirated videos to save 59 quid, specially in a Mercedes forum is a bit funny. Drives a Merc, but can't afford (refuses to pay) 59 quid a year for basically infinite TV. :doh:

Something is wrong with that picture. :D

I watched the first episode last night. Highlight was unsurprisingly the triple header set of hypercars. I didn't think the Porsche would win the time trial but was pleasantly surprised as its my unqualified favourite.
Lowlight was the really awkward studio sections (dead and dying celebs, RAF fight...)
I didn't think there were going to be any studio bits anymore, hopefully they'll settle down a bit but I'd watch nonstop features content

I watched the first episode last night. Highlight was unsurprisingly the triple header set of hypercars. I didn't think the Porsche would win the time trial but was pleasantly surprised as its my unqualified favourite.
Lowlight was the really awkward studio sections (dead and dying celebs, RAF fight...)
I didn't think there were going to be any studio bits anymore, hopefully they'll settle down a bit but I'd watch nonstop features content

Agree that bit was a bit cringe worthy. Agree though that the rest was fantastic. The company I work for made most of the body on the 918 and we make the front and rear wings on the La Ferrari, or as we call it, the F150. The technology that has gone into these cars is mind blowing. I'd say the 918 is probably the most advanced. I do love the P1 as well though!

Tmc said:
I have to say I was surprised as well. 59 quid for a whole year is very affordable even if it was for GT alone. Most people spend way more than that a month on beer that they will piss out in a couple of hours. So all the talk about catching low quality pirated videos to save 59 quid, specially in a Mercedes forum is a bit funny. Drives a Merc, but can't afford (refuses to pay) 59 quid a year for basically infinite TV. :doh: Something is wrong with that picture. :D

How so?

Nothing I watch is of low quality. £59 saved is a mere fraction of what I've tipped to waiters, gave away to charity, gave to homeless on the street, sponsored my annoying mate at my old job doing his annual Movember challenge, the £3 tip I give my barber every week, countless times I've said to someone keep the change, unpaid hours teaching kids to dj or play guitar and helping lazy dole seeking individuals write CV's

Also, I don't drink so I guess that's more money saved on not buying it :)

I'll also say, I'd hardly call Mercedes (nowadays anyway) anything to shout about regarding money. Now if we was on a Lamborghini forum, your point might be made, but we drive overpriced sportier Fords and Vauxhalls

How so?

Nothing I watch is of low quality. £59 saved is a mere fraction of what I've tipped to waiters, gave away to charity, gave to homeless on the street, sponsored my annoying mate at my old job doing his annual Movember challenge, the £3 tip I give my barber every week, countless times I've said to someone keep the change, unpaid hours teaching kids to dj or play guitar and helping lazy dole seeking individuals write CV's

Also, I don't drink so I guess that's more money saved on not buying it :)

I'll also say, I'd hardly call Mercedes (nowadays anyway) anything to shout about regarding money. Now if we was on a Lamborghini forum, your point might be made, but we drive overpriced sportier Fords and Vauxhalls

So after all your good boy scout acts, why tarnish it by doing something illegal just to save 59 quid? Makes even less sense, sorry.

Slightly double standards though as Amazon hardly pay their fair share of global taxes. They are hardly the beacon for all things holy. Most large capitalist global corporations struggle to pay back to society as much as they could or should.

Slightly double standards though as Amazon hardly pay their fair share of global taxes. They are hardly the beacon for all things holy. Most large capitalist global corporations struggle to pay back to society as much as they could or should.

OK. This is a car forum and I don't wish to turn this into that type of the discussion.

But what you said above in some shape or form is the excuse for everybody who breaks the law and download things illegally."They are a big corporation so they are evil", "They make enough money" or the countless excuses.

Fact is it is illegal and regardless, two wrongs don't make a right. There is not really anything else to discuss. One can really only say they know it's illegal and wrong but they don't care and still do it. Anything else is just an excuse and trying to justify wrong doing. ;)

This is the last I will say on this. Like I said it's a car forum. Enjoy whatever you are doing...

I'm not condoning it and obviously don't do anything like this myself. The problem is this attitude people will get when corporates don't pay their dues.

Everybody makes their own decisions about everything so each to their own. Doesn't mean people are right or wrong & should be judged so. You do your thing & others will do theirs.

I thought this was a car forum of car people to discuss anything us car people wanted to discuss. I love cars to bits but it wouldn't be pretty dull & boring if all we talked about was cars 100%.

My first post in ages as I rarely have anything worthwhile to say.
But TGT was well worth the wait.
I enjoyed the format and was relieved that it has become at last a semi-serious MOTORING programme.
I live in hope that now they are free of the old restraints that they include a PROPER test of a Bristol Fighter at some point in the future.

Tmc said:
So after all your good boy scout acts, why tarnish it by doing something illegal just to save 59 quid? Makes even less sense, sorry.

Stop talking absolute waffle

So you never break the law? Never go 1mph over the speed limit? Never watched a copied dvd once in your life, never burnt a CD and lent it to a mate?

Waffle!

"Two wrongs don't make a right".

Quite agree.

So when Amazon do the right thing regarding paying corporation tax, to leave only one wrong, then Joe Public can follow...

Sorted.

LOL....cant really argue with that logic!

Can't see me getting away with paying no corporation tax for long.

My first post in ages as I rarely have anything worthwhile to say.
But TGT was well worth the wait.
I enjoyed the format and was relieved that it has become at last a semi-serious MOTORING programme.
I live in hope that now they are free of the old restraints that they include a PROPER test of a Bristol Fighter at some point in the future.

Yes, I agree. It really felt like a step in the right direction. Looking forward to how it develops.

After enjoying the first episode I am disappointed in episode 2, 10 mins worth watching and the rest as poor as the worst of Top Gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom