The Grand Tour - will you be watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After enjoying the first episode I am disappointed in episode 2, 10 mins worth watching and the rest as poor as the worst of Top Gear.

Yeah I fell asleep during the first review of the Aston. Will try to watch it again later.

After enjoying the first episode I am disappointed in episode 2, 10 mins worth watching and the rest as poor as the worst of Top Gear.

Completely agree. Second episode spent far to long on un- car related nonsense.

I thought it was highly entertaining and funny, which is exactly what it is meant to be.

I thought it was highly entertaining and funny, which is exactly what it is meant to be.

Yes

Partial car show
Partial goofing around with a large budget

It works imo

Btw these are getting uploaded quicker and quicker :thumb:

Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Fell asleep after 15 mins..... Must be my age, only 47 as well!

Watched the rest and thought it was frustrating and stupid, why can't someone just make a programme about cars without having to fill it will scripted tat

Just watched it, and I laughed out loud again. Not much car stuff this week but enjoyable all the same.

Watched the 2nd one whilst feeding the baby on the niddle of the night and luckily the wife was next door with the 2 year old as I guffawed my way through the episode.</p><p>
Now reading the comments above if you have not seen this slightly bizarre but excellent movie you really would have thought they had lost the plot. </p><p>

https://youtu.be/5xuBlpp4ssg

So in summary loved it, yes few cars in it but highly entertaining and you can see they loved making it. James repeated shooting of Hammond and the queen really does bring a different aspect to his character. Loved it. </p>

Link removed.

Everyone: Any further links to pirated/illegal uploads etc will result in a ban.

We cannot have links on the forum, this is what will get mbclub shut down.

It's as simple as that. :ban:

Yes

Partial car show
Partial goofing around with a large budget

It works imo

Btw these are getting uploaded quicker and quicker :thumb:

Removed

Point taken and apologies

No more from me :thumb:

The Jordan helicopter thing was a bit long. And the relationship with cars a bit forced. I think if this had been on TG then there would be a lot more moaning about it about how they had lost their way.

I was also left thinking 'why the tent' and 'why SA'.

I rather expected that they would use the moving tent studio to put a bit more focus on some local aspect. Apart from the 'spinning' thing in which May was surprisingly passive there wasn't any real reason to be in SA.

I've just put episode one on with the free Amazon trial, seeing as I now have a 4K tv and just wow!

Looks a million times better than my previous HD telly purchased in 2008/9... feels like I've just switched from the stone age!

Just watched Episode Two, well that's an hour of my life I won't get back, with some decent editing 15 mins should have covered it. I don't know what the final cost of this is to Amazon, but it ain't worth it I'm afraid.

Just watched Episode Two, well that's an hour of my life I won't get back, with some decent editing 15 mins should have covered it. I don't know what the final cost of this is to Amazon, but it ain't worth it I'm afraid.

Oh well. Don't watch it again and get on with your life without having to complain:thumb:

Amazon cagily announces Clarkson's premiere its 'biggest ever success' for Prime Video

The first episode of The Grand Tour has become the biggest premiere on Amazon Prime, according to the streaming site.

'THE GRAND TOUR' IS ALREADY AMAZON'S BIGGEST ORIGINAL SERIES

Amazon’s ‘The Grand Tour’ car show smashes streaming record on debut

Just a few headlines to give the scope on how popular the new show is.

It's effing brilliant. If you don't like it, don't bother watching just so you can come online to bitch and complain about it. Simple.

Last edited:
Wow, and there I was thinking that internet forums were here for people to express all side, unless its done in a nasty way. Clearly I was wrong.

Can't say I have been that impressed with it so far, I carry on watching to see if it gets better, but its not on the much watch list and will be a watch it when I get to it programme.

Just because something is highly anticipated and as such sets a record for the biggest audience for what is really as fledgling content provider does not guarantee the content will be to everyones tastes. Even if they liked them in they previous programmes.

Last edited:
Wow, and there I was thinking that internet forums were here for people to express all side, unless its done in a nasty way. Clearly I was wrong.

Can't say I have been that impressed with it so far, I carry on watching to see if it gets better, but its not on the much watch list and will be a watch it when I get to it programme.

Just because something is highly anticipated and as such sets a record for the biggest audience for what is really as fledgling content provider does not guarantee the content will be to everyones tastes. Even if they liked them in they previous programmes.

I get it if someone tries it out to see what it is like, and then posts up what they think.

However, those who keep watching it and keep moaning about it (historically)... what's the point?

So I am with stwat here... why bother watching it and then posting up that you didn't like it!

I'm guessing people who do like it aren't interested in reading about those who don't.

I really enjoyed the first three. The fourth was poorer than a poor thing IMHO, the one with the sustainable cars made of vegetation, mud, bones, etc.

I watched all 4 last night. Enjoyed all but episodes 2, just fast forwarded it to find any cars and it finished before I saw any. They did say it didn't contain anything cary though. Overall I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom