The Grand Tour - will you be watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose , Lorsque les avocats du droit d'auteur permet.;)

Watching it now :)

I thought there were a lot of things they weren't allowed to do (copy Top Gear) but if you didn't know it, you would think it was a new series in a tent

Enjoyed it

Last edited:
Joined the 6 month free trial amazon student prime offer just so i can watch GT, it was pretty good, but need getting used to to the new format. I liked the way he took the piss out of the yanks.

Interesting watch.
A couple of memorable quotes:-

On the huge pre show publicity:-
We are bringing back comfort food its not Star Wars.
On the BBC's relaunched Top Gear:-
Christ you can have 2 car shows. There's plentyof people who don't like--- who like cars-- who don't like what we do.

When he was speaking about the new show- the budgets- the logistics I suddenly realised what it had become-- it was the TV equivalent of a U2 or a Rolling Stones Concert Tour or Glastonbury and all that goes along with it.

Thought it was excellent series opener. Have applied for tickets for the Inverness show so fingers crossed!

REMOVED

Slow to load but works once it starts

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was ok. A bit like when they presented Top Gear but with more dough thrown at it.

A lot of people moaned about asiarpc so losing that is no be deal and the Stig was too long in the tooth.

Hi Gents,

I have got another link that works wonders and I just watch the Grand Tour with no trouble. They are the best presenting car show (makes Top Gear look a bit s***t).

REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched earlier this evening an really enjoyed it, I even laughed out loud a few times. The holy trinity feature was great. P1 for me please Bob.

Brilliant first 'episode', very funny, very entertaining and typical of Clarkson, may and Hammond.

Just watched it, very much the same formula as in the old days, and whilst has a certain comforting feel, it needs refreshing really. Just glad I didn't pay for Amazon Prime to watch it

Just glad I didn't pay for Amazon Prime to watch it

I'm thinking about ditching my TV licence.

In our household we've reached a tipping point. We can't be the only ones either. The amount of broadcast TV we watch has collapsed.

I think the BBC is already concerned about this shift. They should be very worried now.

The side effect of what Amazon is doing with TGT is waking up a lot of new customers to the shift in media delivery and what on-demand services can offer. Sky and Virgin can offer services over cable and broadband.

They've turned the launch of the show into an event in its own right. They're pushing 4K which the traditional media broadcasters can't offer.

A lot of people on TGT and at Amazon were probably holding their breath and crossing their fingers - particularly having watched the difficulties with the TG relaunch this spring. While audiences may turn out to be fickle over the coming weeks - the initial response (in the UK at least) is probably at the top end of their expectations.

I think that if this all works over the next 12 weeks then this will be remembered as the turning point for the BBC - and the real start of its decline. Not because TG killed the BBC - but the nature of broadcast and media delivery had reached a critical point and the shift of this prime content asset went from old to new represented the change in order. Some minor celeb will be a talking head in a future documentary about the BBC using those infuriatingly over used and oversimplifying words 'and then everything changed'.

Not got Prime? But does a friend have it?

A beer or two invested in a friend could give you access to their logon.

My kids use my Spotify account, we use my son's Netflix account, and my (Amazon mad) daughter is giving us the use of her Prime account to watch Grand Tour.

It sounds like sharing the bathwater on a Saturday night, but it isn't.

Obviously, if you've already got Amazon Prime, it's a bit of a no brainer, unless you have some kind of antipathy towards Jeremy Clarkson (I realise he's not everyone's cup of tea).

I don't have Prime, and I've been debating whether to spring for it as I'm really quite keen to see the new series. But, and it's quite a big but, I've managed fine without Prime up till now. I only buy a handful of things from Amazon, so I wouldn't really benefit from the free next day delivery (most stuff turns up in 2-3 days anyway with the regular free service). I know you get extra telly type stuff with Prime, but I'm not really into telly that much anyway - Freeview and the NowTV box at £7/month are more than enough. And the NowTV box is drinking in the last chance saloon, now I come to think of it.

So, given that I'd have to buy a FireTV stick (no point in watching it unless it's on the big telly) and paying out for a subscription - albeit they've dropped the price by £20 to try and draw people in - I'm still looking at nearly a ton just to watch a TV series. When you look at it like that, it doesn't make sense at all. I guess I'm just going to have to sit tight and I'm sure the DVD will be out in due course..

Cheers,

Gaz

^ The only way to go.

Thumbs up from me. Lets hope they it continues like that.

I really hope its successful-- there's always room for another well made car show on TV. That said there's always that spectre of Sunset Boulevard lurking in the background.
"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."[

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom