The Grand Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought it was just more of the same which people either like or not. I watched it thought it was ok.

I loved it

Yes got a 7/10 from me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Did anybody watch it? What are people’s thoughts??

I watched it.

Is it the best TV? No. The worst? No. Will I watch it next week? Yes.

I think if you accept it for what it is then it's contrived - but has attitude - and has all the problems of TG (before the guys left and after).

I do think Clarkson and May are not wearing very well at all - Clarkson is going to have problems fitting into cars horizontally as well as vertically - and May looks like a derelict at times.

I think the weak parts of the show are the track tests and the studio - knowing that Porclaren Spyricane is faster than a Ferghini La Zonda GTS just doesn't do it for me. I don't think they are that interesting to watch or discuss except perhaps once a season to do a show on a whole bunch and compare them - and look at intersting technology developments or features in that sector.

Light entertainment - I enjoyed it. I was amused JC's comment about it being a farmers job to grow vegetables.

Hammond is looking pathetic (as usual) with his badly dyed & styled hair!

I watched it.

Is it the best TV? No. The worst? No. Will I watch it next week? Yes.

I think if you accept it for what it is then it's contrived - but has attitude - and has all the problems of TG (before the guys left and after).

I do think Clarkson and May are not wearing very well at all - Clarkson is going to have problems fitting into cars horizontally as well as vertically - and May looks like a derelict at times.

I think the weak parts of the show are the track tests and the studio - knowing that Porclaren Spyricane is faster than a Ferghini La Zonda GTS just doesn't do it for me. I don't think they are that interesting to watch or discuss except perhaps once a season to do a show on a whole bunch and compare them - and look at intersting technology developments or features in that sector.

Once I got it into my head that it (from season 1) is not actually a motoring show but simply puerile male nonsense, vaguely related to cars, I started enjoying it.

Stupid, fun show - all staged and not be to taken seriously. Great camera work - especially in the opening scenes showing a preview of some of the places going to be featured in this series.

Stupid, fun show - all staged and not be to taken seriously.

The remit is a bit different from TG - when they were on TG they were rather more infornative at times.

May and Clarkson are can be very good at doing fusing actual motor journalism with entertainment stuff when they actually choose to do it. They can be very good communicators in the TV medium when they apply themselves. However at Amazon they do it rather less than when they were at TG - and at TG they had been doing less and less as the series notched up each successive year.

Boringly I really like fifth gear as it features cars I might actually drive. And again I'm not that interested in the latest identikit hypercar.

To be fair I'm not a petrolhead in that sense. The car I'm most interested in this year is the new 2.0 hybrid Corolla.

I know how to partay.

Was a bit disappointed, tbh. I'm not a TGT hater by any means, but I thought it was a weak episode - too much of the three of them just driving around Detroit. I presume this was done with an eye to Amazon's US audiences, and there wasn't much wrong with it as an idea - I just thought there was too much of it and, unusually, got bored. From the opening clips though it does look like there is better to come in the series.

I know the characters but not the show,
what's this amazon?

Last edited:
I know the characters but not the show,
what's this amazon?
The Grand Tour is a show available on Amazon Prime, you can watch if you have an Amazon Prime account on a PC, Tablet, Phone or Tv (with an Amazon Firestick).

The characters were formally presenting Top Gear on the BBC before one assaulted a TV executive and they all then decided to take their talents elsewhere...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom