The Great Global Warming Swindle Full Movie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Most oil companies replace their reserves year on year, and we haven't even started producing oil and gas from the really difficult, deep and high pressure reservoirs in the world.

Most oil and gas fields are slated to only produce around 30% of the oil in a reservoir, but with improvements in technology that will increase to over 50% in some cases.

RR

54 years of production isn't a lot.

World proved oil reserves at the end of 2011 reached 1652.6 billion barrels, sufficient to meet 54.2 years of global production.

Though, frotunately growth in consumption is declining...due to green issues being on the agenda and implemented.

OECD consumption declined by 1.2% (600,000b/d), the fifth decrease in the past six years, reaching the lowest level since 1995. Outside the OECD, consumption grew by 1.2 million b/d, or 2.8%. Despite strong oil prices, oil consumption growth was below average in producing regions of the Middle East and Africa due to regional unrest. China again recorded the largest increment to global consumption growth (+505,000 b/d, +5.5%) although the growth rate was below the 10-year average.

Nice map, showing which countries waste the most.

http://www.bp.com/assets/bp_interne...assets/images/Consumption_per_capita_2011.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it was responsible scientists claiming an ice age was coming, it was the media...as usual.

It's true.....Asda have Ice Age 3: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs on Blu-Ray £8.

Bargain. :thumb:

I don't dispute that there's a link, but I'm far from sure that causality has been established. Claims such as "the science (of AGW) is settled" or that climate models are in any way accurate are deliberately misleading at best and probably better described as grossly dishonest.

The link may not have been irrefutably proven but most of the science that supports such a claim is pretty honest. On the other hand, there is a great deal of dishonest science paid for by oil and energy companies who want to deny any link and seek to make the findings of credible studies seem vague and open to question.

That climate "science" industry has taken on many of the features of fanatical religions should sound warning bells with anyone who has a true science background.

I am unaware of such a development.

I think that part of the problem is that the issues are very quickly clouded by interested parties and pressure groups, and these do not all come from the petroleum industry.

The government on its part helps creating mistrust by quickly taxing everything that isn't green, and then shifting ideologies according to their goals.

The car scrappage system is a case in point. The green message from the government was pollute less and drive less, but when it comes to closing factories than it's hanon we'll pay you money to keep the production furnaces going and chimneys bellowing. Luckily for us most of these new cars actually came from Korea...

Or the toll booths at Dartford which create massive pollution (Dartford apparently has the worst air quality from anywhere around the M25) but generate revenue long after the bridge construction has been paid for.

This sort of political zigzagging makes the general public very suspicious of any 'green' policies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom