The great MB car mat scam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
My brother bought his V-reg CLK other day from an offical dealer, he noticed there were no mats inside, so he asked the dealer.

'Im sorry Sir, it didnt come with any, but we offer them at a discounted price of £60'

My brother replied

'Ive just spent £20K on this, give me some mats, I dont care if they are old, I expect some'.

After 5 mins, the dealer returns from the back with some 'old' ones which fit perfectly.

The same thing happened to my dad with his E-Class, but he fell for it.

Always insist on the mats, why should we have to pay an addition £60?

£80 odd for two mats for our Boxster S. But, they are nice red ones with the Porsche logo stitched into them.....

BUT...I insisted they threw them in gratis - utter robbery.

And as for coloured wheel centres with a Porsche logo, anyone care to hazard a guess? Bear in mind my Merc shiny MB centre caps were £24.

Greg,

talk to Alan @ A&S Wheels, he has every porsche rim under the sun (original) im sure he`d supply the gold centers cheap!

Get the rubber mats . The carpet mats are crap and the backing wears out on them and they look tatty after a while. The rubber mats only need a buff down with tyre stuff and look the dogs and cost half the price.

Ive never paid for carpet mats. Bargain harder ;)

Thanks Alps, got any contact details - website for example?

They're over £80, BTW, from Porsche. For 4 coloured wheel centres. Thats extortionate.

Originally posted by GregE240
£80 odd for two mats for our Boxster S. But, they are nice red ones with the Porsche logo stitched into them.....

BUT...I insisted they threw them in gratis - utter robbery.

And as for coloured wheel centres with a Porsche logo, anyone care to hazard a guess? Bear in mind my Merc shiny MB centre caps were £24.

Brabus ones ive got on the W210 were supposed to cost £116+vat :crazy: :crazy:

I had to pay, but on a 2nd hand car I expected to. Strange they still "go missing" on used cars too!

Benefit of 2 W202's on the trot though - getting the most out of them.

PS. Can you just buy replacement Drivers matts? I have 3 pristine and 1 with hoof marks LOL.

I think I only paid £60 for these velour AMG mats from the parts counter:

mats1.jpg

mats2.jpg

I also bought the "tunnel mat" to go over the transmission tunnel in the rear passenger area. Don't be tempted to buy one chaps, it's a complete waste of money!

Originally posted by Shude
[I also bought the "tunnel mat" to go over the transmission tunnel in the rear passenger area. Don't be tempted to buy one chaps, it's a complete waste of money! [/B]
Huh?

You mean a mat to go over the tranny tunnel ONLY?

LOL, classic. Got a pic of it Nick?

You mean a mat to go over the tranny tunnel ONLY?

Yep, it's a mat that goes over the tunnel in the rear between the other floor mats, I will take a pic of it when I get home.
It's gotta be the singlemost useless thing I ever bought for my car. It's not even cheap - about £20!

I had to buy a set of mats from the stealership as my car didnt come with any , paid 50 notes ....they are cheaply made and not worth the money ...they are probably made in some 3rd world country too .

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
PS. Can you just buy replacement Drivers matts? I have 3 pristine and 1 with hoof marks LOL.

Yes you can buy the drivers only. :D

Ive got a transmission tunnel mat for both my summer and winter mats. Its great ... mine only cost a tenner for the summer mats and the winter mats came with one.

When my husband bought his W203 in April 2003, we asked for free mats. The salesman told us that it is already included in the standard UK delivery charge.

regards,
swl

interesting prices on mats - the set of gray carpet ones we bought with Mercedes Benz embroidered in cost us £45 brand new from the dealer our local parts guy said the price for different models only varies by a "couple of quid". The price mentioned earlier of £60 is obviously a great discount that all owners should be urged to take up :)

Andy

This might be a good point to ask MBClub member Steveuniq to comment (that's Steve from Unique Car Mats...).

PM Sent.

Cheers!

For those with carpet in their centre console..............

I shelled out for a new set of mats to smarten things up a bit. I asked if they did replacement centre console carpet - certainly he said £3.63! Bargain.

Here it is:

tunnelmat2.jpg

tunnelmat1.jpg

Great huh? It's one of those things you should buy when you have everything else possible already on the car. You get the tunnel mat LAST ;)

EDIT: I can't believe this thread has been sat in the wrong forum for so long!

How is it in the wrong forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom