The greatest gift ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
About 2 weeks ago I received a phone call from someone who knows me. He asked if I wanted a W124. Told him that things being as they are I could not afford a 6th car. He immediately said, no its for free :eek:. All I had to do was go and collect it in London. So TrapperJohn and myself took a trailer to London. There was an M reg E220 saloon. It had failed an MoT for ball joints (no big deal) and while sat in his drive some low life had stood on the bonnet. We could not start the car as there was no Battery (ominus I thought) Anyway looking round the car we found a brand new Remus back box, 4 Bilstien shockers, new engine mounts, Pirelli P6000 on 16" alloys (6mm of tread) and very little rust. We opened the bonnet and with a swift thump under the dent, it popped out :rolleyes:. Brought the car home and put a battery on it. 3/4 tank full of fuel and started first turn of the key. Runs like a Swiss watch. On further examination we found £5 of change in the glove compartment. V5 and FULL Mercedes service history presant with the car. So who says that you only get what you paid for :D All it needs before I put pic on here is a good polish.

Really pleased for you Ian thats a great gift and what a tremendous gesture from the guy in London. I think it is true what they say good things go to good people, look forward to seeing the pics

You going to keep it or sell it on? :D :D

Where you gonna put it? you've already got sooooo many cars allready! :p

As they would say in Glasgow , you've 'won a watch' !

I myself have given away two perfectly good M-B's !

The first was my early , B Reg , 190E , which - after I got the 190E 2.6 - SWMBO dictated that we had no space to keep it , even though there was nothing wrong with it , just tax and MOT expired . I ended up giving it to one of my mates who was a little down on his luck at the time ; it flew through the MOT and he's still running it today - happy ending .

The second was that very 190E 2.6 , which I really liked ( the best model in the W201 range ) , but there just wasn't enough room in it for baby + accessories , so I changed it for the W126 . Again the same edict was issued by SWMBO " We have 4 cars at the house ; one of them has to go ! " - at least this time the car stayed in the family and my sister is running it now .

Yep..there is such a thing as a free lunch. And a very meaty one too..good one Ian.

I forgot to add that it also has a Toad cat 1 alarm with two fobs and keys. Happy days :bannana:

Again the same edict was issued by SWMBO " We have 4 cars at the house ; one of them has to go ! "

A friend of mine started getting that last year from his other half..."You can't use more than one at a time, you should get rid of some".

So he wandered upstairs to the bedroom, and came back down with a load of her shoes (some still boxed, never worn).
"Where are you going with those?"
"Well, you can only wear one pair at a time, dear"

The matter has never been discussed again :D

A friend of mine started getting that last year from his other half..."You can't use more than one at a time, you should get rid of some".

So he wandered upstairs to the bedroom, and came back down with a load of her shoes (some still boxed, never worn).

That is a work of absolute genius :)

My problem would be I have more shoes AND more cars than Paul.....

What are CLK Cabrio's like prob looking at 51 plate ish..... :)

Kate

Logic has no place in our home :(

well, maybe someone wants to give me a gift?

*thinking of w202 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom