The Hurt Locker C4 9pm tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
If you want to see a great film that looks like it's a typical war film but is, in fact, a whole lot more, try The Hurt Locker tonight on Channel 4.

Nominated for 9 Academy Awards and winning 6 Oscars, it's a real goodie :thumb:.

Watched it last night. Very good. Thanks John. :thumb:

It was engaging but did anything happen?

Directed by Katherine Bigelow whose other claim to fame includes Point Break [one of the few effective surfing movies???]. The reliable critic Robert Ebert of the Chicago Sun-TIMES rated it highly which is usually a good guide. Keep a look out for her up and coming movie about the team of Navy SEALs who killed Osama bin Laden. Kathryn Bigelow - News

I liked the movie but I felt it could have been usefully shorter without losing its impact. And what finally happened to the surviving Brits in the rather surreal " SAS flat tyre incident" in the desert?? :confused:

Last edited:
Alas, I can only helpfully point you towards it.

Films are very much a matter of personal taste, like many other things.

Directed by Katherine Bigelow whose other claim to fame includes Point Break [one of the few effective surfing movies???]. The reliable critic Robert Ebert of the Chicago Sun-TIMES rated it highly which is usually a good guide. Keep a look out for her up and coming movie about the team of Navy SEALs who killed Osama bin Laden. Kathryn Bigelow - News

I liked the movie but I felt it could have been usefully shorter without losing its impact. And what finally happened to the surviving Brits in the rather surreal " SAS flat tyre incident" in the desert?? :confused:

Thought they were mercenaries.

I wasn't complaining, I enjoyed the film and I am glad you chose to mention it. I was really commenting on the story, or lack of, just that if there was a plot, I missed it.

I wasn't complaining, I enjoyed the film and I am glad you chose to mention it. I was really commenting on the story, or lack of, just that if there was a plot, I missed it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come over as harsh :thumb:.

I viewed it as being about him, the maverick, who couldn't get his "fix" of excitement/adrenaline, even if it was at the potential expense of others. This was borne out by him returning for another year long tour of duty, from the mundaness (to him) of life with his partner and child.

Yeah I got that.
The Hurt Locker is quite advanced in comparison to most of the other conflict films I have seen.
(I am also baffled by the ludicrous variety of biscuits in Tesco.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom