The Isle of Man TT thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
Race week approaches. No matter how many times I watch the pictures I am still in awe of the riders as they race at over 200mph between dry stone walls, over manhole covers and potholes, inches from telegraph poles and phone boxes, with the top riders averaging over 130mph around the 37.7 mile course from a standing start :eek:

Motor racing in its purest and most raw form :thumb:

My awe is tempered slightly by the fact they are all totally crazy as well as highly skilled and brave to take part in the TT :eek:

as a biker, i am amazed by their skills and madness... unbelevible control, most years a number of the untrained get killed on mad sunday(open track, anyone allowed to go for it), but suprisingly few actual racers get hurt.

sheene was a legend, but he did crash a lot, wouldnt have suited the tt!

joey dunlop was, imho, the greatest tt rider ever.

It's why I could never quite revere Sheene as much as Hailwood, Agostini and such. He always refused to take part as he reckoned it was too risky.

A question of cojones, size of.

didn't do to talk about wedding tackle around sheene, when he was a small boy he got a clockwork toy tangled in it, as them mechanism wound it in.....

Fella near Yeovil (Dr John, famous for building norton singles) used to fettle his racing nortons... he used to ride, just not in the public eye as it were.

I have just sat and watched a lap of the TT Circuit via a camera on a Honda 600 Sidecar outfit driven by Dave Molyneux, ---dated 2005, ( I recorded this on Sunday night at 9-30, it was called TT On Bike Experience) What a rivetting half hours entertainment. In my poverty stricken youth I had always wanted to ride the B.S.A. up north and to visit the island during TT week, but never got round to it. This ride around the track at some vast rate of knots had my head weaving in and out of the bends and the corners-- what madness !!. Congratulations to ITV4 for showing the TT . Lets hope they finish the week with a showing of George Formby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom